LegacyGT.com

need help with resistor mod!

Just changed my up pipe, put the two prongs of the resistor in the orsnge plug, made sure they were touching the gold parts of the plus. Still got cel, cruise control flash. Are u not supposed to touch thr prongs? Iknow I got the right resistor and put e erything back right. Need advice!

I can't solder, no experience or tools. I bought the pack at radio shack and went through 3 of them thinking i was doing it wrong. It is grey with orange inside. I made sure the two prongs went in all the way and still nothing.

Is it bad to be driving around with a cel and flashing cruise control light?

You must have some other issue or the wrong resistor.

I just plugged mine in, put some tape over it and drove off. The 2.2k ohm resistor from Radio Shack, I paid $1.25 for a package of 5 of them 3 years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh have you checked the code yet ? any auto parts will tell you the code for free. and 05's have a built in code reader.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2005+subaru+built+in+code+reader&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-ContextMenu&oe=&safe=active&gfe_rd=ssl&oq=&gs_l=

I have it at home but not here at work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

^do you mean as in which way they go in? i switched them and still nothing. in the walk through it says it doesn't matter but i tried that anyway and still getting CEL.

It's a resistor so should not matter what end goes where not polarity specific.

I'm sure its the EGT sensor that's causing the CEL. I'll check the code. I just dont know why the resistor isn't working. I don't have a way to delete the CEL. Does it matter if you touch the end of the resistor? or if cutting it somehow makes it not work? :spin:

okay, ill call subaru and get one. where is the O2 sensor located?

Pull the right front tire, there's a plastic panel behind it, remove the panel. O2 is right there.

Make sure you get the correct one. I think its got a gray shielding on the wires. The yellow shielding is the rear sensor.

Archived