LegacyGT.com

seat belt chime OFF

Did the old seat belt chime off trick and it worked. No more chime when it s not buckled.

I have seen this before and did it on my 08 and 14. Just an FYI to say it works on the 15 too.

I am coming over from the outback site so I hope you guys can find the directions here to cancel the chime.

PS/ I do always wear my seat belt as it s a life saver for sure but sometimes on my local rural side street or just moving the car around I do not.

Care to share this trick please?

I go by memory here: Sit in drivers seat

put key onto Acc.

(with two hands) click and un click the belt as many times as possible in about 30 seconds. (probably about 30 clicks)

Then leave the belt clipped and shut off ignition.

That should be it the next time you start the car and move it shouldn t chime if you did it right.

PS/ It usually takes me two tries so if it doesn t work, try again.

I know there are specific amount of times clicked in a certain amount of time but can not remember, but above should work.

• 5 months later...
This trick doesn't seem to work on the push start models. I have yet to successfully disable the chime on mine, although I have done it countless times on many other Subaru's. Rob

I was able to get this done with the push button start. Hit the push button system twice without your foot on the gas then insert and eject the seat belt 20 times in 30 seconds and it should work. Took me two tries, but ended up being successful.

I must have tried this twenty times over the past six months, but it never worked. Today I read in the Outback forum a post saying to do the latch/unlatch with the ignition to ON but the engine not running. I tried that and it worked, hurrah!

2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium without keyless entry.

I was able to get this done with the push button start. Hit the push button system twice without your foot on the gas then insert and eject the seat belt 20 times in 30 seconds and it should work. Took me two tries, but ended up being successful.

Try this the first time and works!

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

I've been trying this for the past couple days, probably 6 times or so and still no luck. I guess I'll keep trying though.

Yea, could be a simple as turning ignition off before un clipping for the last time , sometimes it s taken me a few tries too and I ve done it several times on several different Subaru s.

I have a 15 Legacy 3.6 w/ push button start and was able to stop the seat belt chime: turn the car on (engine running), and click and unclick the seat belt 20 times within the first 30 seconds. It worked for the drivers seat, now have to try it on the passenger seat.

• 3 months later...

Archived