LegacyGT.com

seat belt chime OFF

• 4 weeks later...
I have been continuing my journey with attempting to turn the stubborn chime off. I have done it about 110 times to date and still have no had any luck. Anyone have a definite answer on this?

I got it to work on the second try. I didn't start the car, just turned the ignition to ON, clicked and unclicked >20 times in 30 seconds and took the key out. When I started the car, there were 3-4 chimes that sound initially but then they stop.

• 1 year later...

Heh ... two years on the 2015 3.6r and have yet to disable it. Just tried it again.

FWIW, I do it because I hate the dinging for the 1/4 mile drive to and from to the mailbox on a private road and shifting multiple cars in and out of the driveway. :)

• 3 weeks later...

:eek:

Heh ... two years on the 2015 3.6r and have yet to disable it. Just tried it again.

FWIW, I do it because I hate the dinging for the 1/4 mile drive to and from to the mailbox on a private road and shifting multiple cars in and out of the driveway. :)

Glad you got it and you don t have to explain or defend what you do with your car if it s not hurting anyone else. :eek:

It does depend on where and how you drive whether this mod is for you or not.

• 2 months later...
Yea, got it on the 2017 Keyless! I have done four of my subi s already and still took me a dozen tries. Think I was going too fast. I heard the total time must be within 30 seconds but not less than 25, if that helps.....

dealer may have disconnected battery for something/

• 3 months later...
Had to do the 17 again as the battery was disconnected... took maybe 20 times, OMG.. The trick seems to be as many times as you can 20-30 but just under 30 second(25-30 sec). Includes getting acc position back too off. Too quick it didn t work or too slow it didn t work for me. Trying to figure out why some are having so much trouble doing this (including myself). Good again till next battery disconnect, LOL.

Archived