LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy Bulb Replacement

@CT2015Legacy - dealerships are very quick to blame anything aftermarket - related, or not.

The flickering is present with or without the H11 LED headlight kit installed...

Steve

Yes they were very quick to blame it on the LED's. Case in point that even with the LED's removed the display still flickered.

This time they tried out and are now saying that's apparently how the car reacts when its first turned on and you just put it in reverse; excuse was most people don't just take off and drive like I do (sometimes I have to as I have to leave quick for a fire call).

End result is that nothing was don't as its a "bug" that I found and not persay a defect. They also noted that the LED's were removed on the paperwork to cover my a [emoji1360]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the flickering is just a normal thing when the camera is initializing with the back-up distance lines that display on the screen. I see it all of the time when I put the car into reverse. I want to say just about every car with a backup camera does this.

I think the flickering is just a normal thing when the camera is initializing with the back-up distance lines that display on the screen. I see it all of the time when I put the car into reverse. I want to say just about every car with a backup camera does this.

Yeah that's exactly my thought now.

@CT2015Legacy - thanks for the feedback!

Not a problem; thanks for your replays with your technical expertise during the process. It's greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I am quiet surprised this thread hasn't been stickied, there is alot of excellent information in here... Also, I have a message on facebook from DiodeDynamics that legacy/crosstrek C-Light upgrades are in late stages of development. Just a big heads up... :D

This thread should be our universal Lighting thread? or was there one already?

I am quiet surprised this thread hasn't been stickied, there is alot of excellent information in here... Also, I have a message on facebook from DiodeDynamics that legacy/crosstrek C-Light upgrades are in late stages of development. Just a big heads up... :D

DanG what really needs to be done is to have a "master" sticky thread with links to all the lighting threads as there's well over 100 of them!

I've started this here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/6th-gen-lighting-threads-254701.html?p=5448463#post5448463

All we need to do now is get GTEASER or one of the other admins to sticky it.

Edited by tigger73

Is that for both the already LED equipped legacies or just the halogen ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that for both the already LED equipped legacies or just the halogen ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Legacies have LED c-lights

I contacted DD awhile back and was told they had plans to, good to hear it's in development!

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question , if I purchase H11 LED lights to replace my halogen H11 Bulbs in my 2.5i (ugly yellow during the day and night ), these will be plug and play and the low beam is what is used for DRL and for night time correct ? Sorry I'm a noob at this .

@ denokarter -- Thats all you would need to order. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your vehicle use the high beam bulb for the DRL?

Steve

Yes, the High Beams are used as the DRL's.

Using LEDs as your high beam replacements will have the high beams at just about full brightness, no power/lumens reduction as compared to halogen bulbs.

• 9 months later...
Though I would attached so screen shots I took of the 15' Subaru Legacy bulb replacement chart from the owners manual for everyone.

Guys, what bulb type is the map and dome light? The chart in Post #1 does not list it.

• 3 years later...

6th Gen (2015) owner here. I deliver for Amazon Flex in my 6th Gen as a side job. The other day Flex had me delivering down a road that was closed and dug up for construction (neither their app nor Waze knew about it), resulting in me having to make a U turn in an area that was not wide enough for me to do so, and bam, backed into the corner of a construction crane bucket. Thus, I now have a broken tail light on the driver's side. The lights worked fine until Friday's rain, when I assume that the brake light shorted given water could now get into the housing and probably did. The marker light still works and so does the turn signal. The brake light does not. It is not the fuse as the passenger side bulb works.

Thinking a brake light replacement would be the same as in my prior Legacies (had a 4th Gen 2007 and 5th Gen 2013), I headed into the trunk. No door to access the brake lights. I pull off the trunk trim and there it is -- the side marker light and the turn signal bulb... and... a plug. So how do I change the brake light bulb?

The manual doesn't say anything about the brake light bulbs other than the cringy and bad-for-your-wallet "See your local Subaru dealership."

Even the guy at Advanced Auto Parts was flummoxed when I asked what bulb I needed.

I see the brake light assembly sells for a minimum of $84 depending on what website you look at. I'd hoped not to have to spend that much, especially given I can't see an easy way to remove the brake light housing/assembly.

How do I change the bulb? What size bulb do I buy?

The brake lights are custom LED arrays. There are no brake "bulbs" to replace.

I was afraid of that. :(

How do you remove the brake light assembly then? The closest how-to video is for the 2015 Outback, which is similar enough that SOA provides the same manual for both -- however that video is showing two screws I can't see. There's a plastic cover over where I think those screws would be and I can't find an easy way to remove it.

I have a link to the service manual but the PDF is not playing nicely with my computer.