LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy Bulb Replacement

Yeah I did, such an easy install and they are amazing at night and perfect cut off and everything. Im very very happy with them.

http://www.subispeed.com/olm-hp-gen-2-passive-cooling-led-high-beam-drl-bulbs-2015-wrx-2015-sti-5431#.Vvm4NOIrLIU

These are the ones rights? Do you have a picture of them in?

And I think I am going to go with these for fogs. They look much whiter than the Morimotos.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22211/s/luxeon-led-fog-lamps-type-b/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think I am going to go with these for fogs. They look much whiter than the Morimotos.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22211/s/luxeon-led-fog-lamps-type-b/

They are a very pure white, absolutely fantastic. You won't be disappointed:cool:

Here's what it looks like mounted. I can get pics of the beam pattern if you want but it's pretty much like any other projector light, sharp cutoff and super wide.

http://i.imgur.com/n4yl7FT.jpg

Only reason I removed my front end was I had to mount relays and run wires to get them to run as DRLs, which I'd only recommend doing if you have some electrical knowledge and like 12 hours to spend on it lol.

Did you swap the OEM fog light mounting bracket onto the DD LED fog?

I just installed the XB LED Fogs (same exact manufacture as DD) and used the included bracket as is. Had to file off part of the plastic clip to make is seat into the XB plastic support.

Here are some pictures of them. Sorry it's hard to get a crisp picture of them on at night without the picture coming of like a big ball of blury light lol.

12915270_10153884160306858_915555867_o.thumb.jpg.c7cfe60780df9d74939ec33058035a0c.jpg

12940972_10153886204746858_1890673711_o.thumb.jpg.6c50f17666abdda4f60680448944c361.jpg

12903679_10153881000501858_403827763_o.thumb.jpg.567ed2f088043c7a5de055df276e2012.jpg

Thanks! So do I! The C-Light is a little bit whiter in color than the LEDs I just put in for the low beams (more blue) but I actually really like the contrast and it is not a big difference at all. So it's very subtle. And plug n play made it super easy to install and I just put the factory bulbs in the box the LEDs came in.

Did you swap the OEM fog light mounting bracket onto the DD LED fog?

I just installed the XB LED Fogs (same exact manufacture as DD) and used the included bracket as is. Had to file off part of the plastic clip to make is seat into the XB plastic support.

No I just bolted/clipped them in place with the OEM hardware. Broke the bolt hole on both fogs because I didn't realize how the bolt was flanged...but they're in there nice and solid so oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
The Morimoto Type T lights don't fit in the 2016 legacy with eyesight without modification. I just tried. The brackets are just a little off on the engine side. One bolt hole on the bracket could be cut off and then it may fit well, but for my money, they need to fit perfect or they're going back. I did not take apart the bracket of the OEM light, like andrew_l_s did in the picture he attached from his install, and I expect if he had not accidentally broken the "bolt holes" (engine-side of brackets) it may not have worked either. I'm pretty miffed that the Morimoto website specifically said this model would fit.

That is unfortunate. I hope I do not run into this when I try installing the Luxeon LED Fog Lamps (Type B) in a few weeks on my 16 Legacy with EyeSight.

I can't remember if anyone here had installed them on a 16 Legacy with EyeSight.

Alrighty, So I've been trying to gather some posts about headlights of the 16' Legacys... And I have a couple of questions, if someone is able to help me:

I have a 2.5 premium with EYESIGHT, Are the only difference between premium and limited headlights the HIDs or HIDs+Projectors?

'16 Legacys with Eyesight aren't able to have drop in plug-n-play HiDs? Retrofits just cost so much money.

Edited by DanG_Legacy

Alrighty, So I've been trying to gather some posts about headlights of the 16' Legacys... And I have a couple of questions, if someone is able to help me:

I have a 2.5 premium with EYESIGHT, Are the only difference between premium and limited headlights the HIDs or HIDs+Projectors?

I don't believe the 2.5 in any trim come with HID in the US. Only the H6 does. The 2.5 premium and limited headlights are the same.

If you guys are interested IJDMTOY.COM sells really good drl/turn signal switchback leds 7440 so you can get rid of the high beam as the drl. I know there's another thread on this. IJDMTOY.COM has really good customer service.

Drop in bulbs work pretty well in our fog lights, but projector-style ones really boost the performance.

I have these from Diode Dynamics. Basically the same as Morimotos. http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22211/s/luxeon-led-fog-lamps-type-b/category/1446/

Comparing drop in bulb vs. new housing, new housing is so much better. It does cost more and a little more work to install but definitely worth it.

these are awesome for fogs...

What do you have in your projector headlights? Do they match well with the fogs?

and are the 2015 headlights same as 2016 premium headlights?

Mine flickers just a little bit right after I start up the car when I put it in reverse, but I've heard that's a common problem for everyone (seen another thread about the lines not showing up at first... too lazy to look). I've never seen it do that if I have been driving for a while. This happened before I ever switched any lights around to LED.

I think I'd have to call the BS card on this one.

Mine flickers just a little bit right after I start up the car when I put it in reverse, but I've heard that's a common problem for everyone (seen another thread about the lines not showing up at first... too lazy to look). I've never seen it do that if I have been driving for a while. This happened before I ever switched any lights around to LED.

I think I'd have to call the BS card on this one.

Thanks; I'm happy with the trend I'm seeing that it isn't just me.

these are awesome for fogs...

What do you have in your projector headlights? Do they match well with the fogs?

and are the 2015 headlights same as 2016 premium headlights?

Indeed they are!

I have XenonDepot 4300k Philips HID bulbs in my low beams. It's not quite a perfect match, the fogs are a tad bit whiter at closer to 5000k, but it's barely noticeable on the road. 5000k HIDs would match better but I prefer 4300k in terms of visibility. If you search for a light color temperature chart it'll give you an idea of the difference.

2015/2016 headlights on premium and limited trims are identical, except for the 3.6R which has HID from the factory.

Wondering if any lighting experts can chime in on this BS http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/10401f0a63fb34237b0aa41390c90aaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the same thing from a SOA engineer last year, when they saw I had LED's installed for the cabin lighting. But, he was telling me they were only having problems with the LED's causing feedback and at times blowing, the ECU and/or the BIU on WRX's on their (then) MY15 vehicles.

He said there wasn't anything for non-WRX's with that same problem, but informed me of it just in case I had the same, which I haven't so far and I got LEDs for headlights and cabin lights as well.

They might be mixing issues with the WRX with the Legacy and just cross swapping the solutions, without actually digging further.

The Subaru TechTIPS from April 2015 is the most recent published LED statement I have seen from SOA and it only references exterior lights.

The outback forum has an image of the page if you don't have access to techinfo.subaru.com:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/162865-2015-outback-mods-54.html#post2853313

The Subaru TechTIPS from April 2015 is the most recent published LED statement I have seen from SOA and it only references exterior lights.

The outback forum has an image of the page if you don't have access to techinfo.subaru.com:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/162865-2015-outback-mods-54.html#post2853313

SHOOT! That's nonsense! Hopefully with removing the leds they just take care of fixing the issue that obviously wasn't caused by the leds.