LegacyGT.com

Post your personal bests here:

I found that biking adding nothing to my running game. It's kinda fun, but the time commitment for biking is insane. Minute for minute, running is of the best workouts out there.

Even when doing a tri or a brick workout... and you're coming off the bike and start running a minute or two later. It's a very weird feeling. You can feel the different muscles engaging despite the rubbery feeling for the first quarter mile.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We used to do the same. Usually one night a week, we would do a 12 mile bike around the lake, followed by a 3 mile run. The first few minutes of that run always felt euphoric. Like you were running on clouds, with no baseline as to how fast or slow you were actually moving!

• 4 months later...
Not sure how old you are now, and how long ago your mile time was in the 4's, but that could be a tough goal! Not saying it's not doable, but that's a hell of a time, even for an 18 yo athlete! More power to you if you can get it! :lol: I'd be happy to get back to a 22 minute 5k. :lol:

Not sure how old you are now, and how long ago your mile time was in the 4's, but that could be a tough goal! Not saying it's not doable, but that's a hell of a time, even for an 18 yo athlete! More power to you if you can get it! :lol: I'd be happy to get back to a 22 minute 5k. :lol:

I'll be 30 in January. I ran a 5 minute mile 4 years ago. Then life happened and I gained 35 lbs.

John Hancock

If you broke 5 a few years ago you can get back to that.

I still play (semi) competitive basketball, so I'm not too worried about it. The 3 years of inactivity and copious beer consumption has my shins on fire everytime I run, so it will be a long road back.

John Hancock

• 3 months later...

Archived