LegacyGT.com

Post your personal bests here:

As title states, post up your personal fitness bests here wether it be a weightlifting PR (personal record), a marathon or any fitness related best. Let's makes this interesting and post vids and pics if you got them.

I'll start:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Great job wrxwhit!!!! I just started dead lifting a few weeks ago. Currently I would just like to do 1/2 of what you did. Lol!!

Some of my bests...former smoker of 24 years, quit at 40, now 44, current weight 176.

- 6 minute plank (wife did it too)

- 2:07:09 Half Marathon, at age 40 (wife beat me by 9 minutes)

- 25:37 5k, at age 41

- bench pressed 185lbs, weighed 172 at the time, at age 44

- 10 consecutive chin-ups with 35lb weight around waist, just yesterday

Nothing big, but it sure feels good to accomplish things you never thought you could do. :)

Wife took this pic a week or two ago during my pull-up/chin-up routine. I try to do 60-100 in <10 minutes at least 2-3 times a week.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/13/a4e69bc28feb507c99b357ff4de30315.jpg

^^^ I'm a fan of the pull-up myself. I'll try and get some video of my wife-ups (~120lbs). PR = 4.

My lifts aren't much to brag about these days, but I was snatching 260lbs 18 months ago. Coming off of hip surgery, so I'm thrilled w/135lbs DLs & squats at the moment.

No oly lifts yet. I did get 5 x 5 one-legged 20" box-jump-to-pistol-squats last week. Stoked.

17:40 CC 5k

3:01:15 marathon (road)

7:40 50m (trail)

^^^That's fast!

wrxwhit: Dang dude. Imagine how big you could go with proper form!;)

Seriously though, nice freaking job.

Thanks Brad. My form sux, I agree, working on it. I need more leg drive and more flexibility in the hips. Same shit with my squats too.

My bench is s bit better. Here is one of my bests with no spot, prob could have gotten another or so with a spot

^^^Curse of the straps, perhaps?

For me anyway, asking my diaphragm to do its job while getting the straps situated just ain't happening. Hammy tension goes out the window, too. This combo is dangerous, as I end up pulling with "scared-cat" syndrome.

Improved hip mobility is something I'm convinced almost every athlete could benefit from. Guys like KStar, Eric Cressey, etc. have produced all sorts of mobilization and activation drills and whatnot. Maybe worth a look?

If you're pulling that much with the suspicion that you could tweak a few elements of the lift, it's scary to think of how much you'd pull with some form work. 600lbs + ? More? Crazy.

Well, despite being about 13 degrees, the day was a success. I ended up running 8:57, splitting it with a 4:32 opening mile and closing with 4:25. Will probably not be doing something that short again but it was fun to throw on the spikes and pretend I was 10 years younger :)

edging on 32, never been a runner but started two years ago.

PRs this year after improving over last:

5k 21:25

10k 44:57

half 1:39:22

need to work on bringing the pace down, I can rock a 5:57 mile but it freaked me out and I backed way the hell off in a 5k back in the spring. goal next year is to go sub 20 in a 5k. major thanks to jasejase for a TON of running advice and support, even if I barely listen :)

• 3 weeks later...

If I was ten years younger I would be a gym rat for sure, lol. But my body has other plans some days...I still go 2-3 times a week sometimes 4 if I can swing it. Currently doing a mix of super 8 workout and 5x5 stronglifts.

In my younger days I was all about 1 rep max, now lifting a lot of weight just hurts after a while. But I manage to still go harder then I initially plan on most days.

Me: 6' 1" 235lbs

Bench 275 4-5 reps

Squat 315 6-reps

Dead lift 365 7-reps

First time I attempted 315 squat I literally felt back compress, after that I took it much slower.

Sunday will be my first 5k ever at 32, and I do not run unless its an emergency. But I want to do this maybe as a mid life crisis hoorah or something.

As title states, post up your personal fitness bests here wether it be a weightlifting PR (personal record), a marathon or any fitness related best. Let's makes this interesting and post vids and pics if you got them.

I'll start:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely are a strong mug, but be very careful of that form, injuries suck especially with that much weight. I had to swallow my pride and start squats all over from 135 lbs so I could retrain my body to get my form to where I was comfortable with lifting lots of weight. I did this with the 5x5 strong lifts 12 week program, a whole lot of squats but an awesome program that will leave you hurting every time if you do it honest.

Have you tried a wider alternating grip and bringing the weight right to your shins and basically dragging it up your legs it can get a little bloody with a well knurled bar but it will help you get your hips lower and keep your back straight. Back straight to a slight positive curve is key with DL and squats.

Looks like you are doing awesome though.

Look at some of you guy's PR's make me embarrassed to post mine... but oh well

1 Rep Maxes

Bench: 205 lbs

Squat: 335 lbs

Deadlift: 355 lbs

I am 16 y/o 165 lbs

Never be embarassed unless you are doing some idiotic move in the gym and hurt yourself...then its open season. Seriously I saw a guy doing jumps with a 135 on a barbell in the squat rack :eek::spin:

Keep up the progress that is what it is really about, like Baz Lurhman says the race is long and in the end it's only with yourself.

Never be embarassed unless you are doing some idiotic move in the gym and hurt yourself...then its open season. Seriously I saw a guy doing jumps with a 135 on a barbell in the squat rack :eek::spin:

Keep up the progress that is what it is really about, like Baz Lurhman says the race is long and in the end it's only with yourself.

That's crazy! People do some odd stuff in the gym haha.

I like that quote. I've only been serious about weightlifting for about a month and a half and I've already seen a lot of results. It makes it addicting!

I can share some of my personal best eating records, haha. I've really gotten out of shape since doing the Spartan Beast last June. I spent a long while at the gym yesterday and plan to do more today, I have to get my endurance back up before I get back to gains. Running especially.

Current: weight 182

4-5 Reps Bench: 185

4-5 reps Squat: 300

4-5 Rep Deadlift: 345

5k: 23:43

Personal Best: weight 168

4-5 Reps Bench: 245

4-5 reps Squat: 365

4-5 Rep Deadlift: 400

5k: 19:04

Background: 26yr old and cadavers in both my knees (military injuries)

Keep posting these, I need the motivation.

Archived