LegacyGT.com

Post your personal bests here:

Started working on actually bettering myself November 15th, 2013 so it has been one year and one month today! Started at around 6 foot 6 290lbs, very chunky, almost no muscle and I never realized how out of shape I was until I looked back.

Now Currently sitting at 6 foot 8 260lbs, 19 years young

Current bench- 5 reps @ 220lbs

Current squat -10 reps 400lbs

Current best mile is a 7:58

Not the greatest numbers, but considering I started at literally nothing about a year ago I'm more than proud of my body and I'm only getting stronger. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started working on actually bettering myself November 15th, 2013 so it has been one year and one month today! Started at around 6 foot 6 290lbs, very chunky, almost no muscle and I never realized how out of shape I was until I looked back.

Now Currently sitting at 6 foot 8 260lbs, 19 years young

Current bench- 5 reps @ 220lbs

Current squat -10 reps 400lbs

Current best mile is a 7:58

Not the greatest numbers, but considering I started at literally nothing about a year ago I'm more than proud of my body and I'm only getting stronger. :D

Keep it up!

• 4 weeks later...

Getting old sucks!

When I was 50, my PRs were 18:00 5K and 36:40 10 K. Now at 69, I'm struggling to get below 28 minutes for the 5 K. My plan is to peak for next October when I turn 70. Even running as slowly as I do now, I should be competitive in the 70-80 age class.

Getting old sucks!

When I was 50, my PRs were 18:00 5K and 36:40 10 K. Now at 69, I'm struggling to get below 28 minutes for the 5 K. My plan is to peak for next October when I turn 70. Even running as slowly as I do now, I should be competitive in the 70-80 age class.

Thats awesome! I hope I can turn times like that when the age comes around. Keep it up!

Finally tried 405 deadlift, I switched to overhand grip and only used straps when I needed to. I got one rep before my body said "wtf!". Was a good workout though definitely gonna feel it for a few days bring on the protein shakes!

Wife signed us up for a color run unfortunately my foot is not having anything more than walking, standing, or sitting. Squats last week left me hurting like crazy and yesterday's work out about the same. Might have to go back to the dr for this.

• 4 weeks later...
Try to keep it clean and you should keep making solid gains. Lots of lean protein and unprocessed fruits and veggies. Way easier to start light and go up than the other way. Because when you are lifting heavy everything looks tasty lol! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I'm sure I've gained a few pounds of fat, but going off the mirror, I'd say my bf% stayed about the same, something like 12-14%. Similar amount of definition, but definitely more muscle.

Gonna keep bulking up until the end of March, which should put me just over 170, then going to cut, probably will need to lose ~10 lbs of fat...trying to get my first 6 (or maybe 8?) pack!

• 3 months later...

Did a mini-cut at start of march. Dropped 5 lbs over about 3 weeks, down to 160, and got noticeably more defined. But my lifts stalled, so I said eff it, and hopped back on the bulk train.

New max body weight, as of yesterday: 166.8 lbs

New DL pr: 285 lbs. Can't wait to finally hit 3 plates.

I took a couple weeks off to remodel my garage. Now it's time to get back to it.

Signed up for tough mudder this September so got to get ready for that my coworker talked me into it. He is almost 60 but does these events every chance he gets so me being in my 30s I really don't want to embarrass myself by now finishing. Seriously considering doing insanity 60 day challenge up to the run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
edging on 32, never been a runner but started two years ago.

PRs this year after improving over last:

5k 21:25

10k 44:57

half 1:39:22

need to work on bringing the pace down, I can rock a 5:57 mile but it freaked me out and I backed way the hell off in a 5k back in the spring. goal next year is to go sub 20 in a 5k. major thanks to jasejase for a TON of running advice and support, even if I barely listen :)

your times are out of proportion :spin:

Didn't make my goal time but still ran my a PR of 14:55. All in all, I'm happy.

age? Thats like HS fast not old man fast :spin:

Me:

5k: 19:54

5K 20:58 pushing a stroller :eek:

1/2 1:39

full 3:38

This year is a target of sub 3:35 full.

• 2 months later...

Man this thread makes me want to get back to working out. Been over 2 years since I've had a consistent schedule that facilitated a serious workout routine, but here are my personal bests:

2 miles (Army APFT)- 11:46 @20 years old, 6' 165lbs

Bench press- 295x3 @29 years old, 6' 205lbs (no spotter to try for a 1 rep max)

Deadlift- 395x1 @ 30 years old, 6' 195lbs

I've done a few other things I've been proud of, like pushups and situps for the 2 minute Army APFT, but I can't remember the exact numbers (over 100) so I won't bother posting them.

• 3 weeks later...
Squatted 200 lbs x 3 today. Not crazy weight, but new best for me.

Missing my squat days, work and school is cutting into my workout time too much lol.

Work on stiff leg deadlifts that will help stabilize your leg strength and help your squat, don't be afraid to go heavy, but with proper form. Even if you have to video yourself and then self critique get the form right. Be proud of the fact you are in the minority actually doing squats! Best exercise ever for gains!

5 weeks ago I embarked on a new challenge....100 chin-ups in 10 minutes.

First attempt - 48

Last week - 65

I'm getting there...shooting for 70 this week.

I have been hitting pull ups regularly trying to get a little more width and arm strength. My sets are terrible though, I can only get 9 straight on wide grip. Working on doing 50 per session in as many sets as it takes to get them done. Then hitting the barbell rows after and ending with arm burners.

Also hit a new PR for me 36:05 5k chipped run this time so its legit! I almost trained for it too...lol no i didn't. Don't laugh too hard at my PR I am very proud. I will be thrilled to get to 25-27 minutes one day! I just don't like running to get in the way of my weight lifting!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived