LegacyGT.com

DIY: 15'+ DRL Disable

^^^ Agreed. It took a min to disconnect the cable.

Shortly after below picture was taken, I got rid of the orange corner lights as well. No one has them besides cars in N. America.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Mobile%20Uploads/20141014_183209_zpskimhontt.jpg

I haven't looked but how did you remove the orange corner?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull the bulbs seem to be a good idea, it helps reduce heat to the headlight. As I pull the bulbs I see the bulb holder and got a hint of yellow from the bulb heat.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• 2 weeks later...

Add link to first post, now you can replace the DRL high bulb with LED that can operate as DRL and High beam, brighter! the well known Cree LED :)

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

These are still just standard LED bulbs so they only have one setting. Essentially you are just driving with the High Beams on all the time. I'm still just waiting for someone to release a dual power level LED setup.

Right... The video is very misleading where they didn't state that until you read the feed back comments and people still give it 5/5 rating which is wack!

• 2 weeks later...

DRL connect as requested:

16062184936_37586f8b6b_b.jpgIMG_2608 by im2c0ol, on Flickr

16086065941_e38927f429_z.jpgIMG_2614 by im2c0ol, on Flickr

This is how I leave mine disconnect, put a blue painter tape on to keep it from falling out, this way you don't get crap built up in the connectors.

15468303413_db7846fd27_z.jpgIMG_2620 by im2c0ol, on Flickr

measurement came out on both green/blue wire with put in gears.

16087267662_a8b21c82b8_z.jpgIMG_2617 by im2c0ol, on Flickr

there's no load detected when in park, sorta strange that both green/blue is hot when in gear, not sure which wire the resistor box cut the load down.

Subaru wires things a little different, they tend to use switched grounds, versus switched leads, so that would explain why it's hot all the time and not just when the car is in gear. There is probably another open ground on that harness and when the car is put in drive, it becomes closed, allowing the power to flow to the lights.

It's important to keep this in mind whenever working on Subaru wiring.

• 1 month later...

I know it has been mentioned that the top white connector need not be removed, but since my hands are big and cannot twist around that much in the small space - any clue how I could remove the top white connector ?

Tried to press the small tab on it underneath and pull it out, but it did not budge.

Thanks... really looking forward to disable the yellow DRL !

Guest rayms69
i used a thin flathead to pop off the connector that parallel to the ground, took 15 seconds Edited by rayms69

I was successfully disable mine today!

First time Subaru owner, and I hate the 3800k high beam DRL running on low voltage halogen color ruining the beauty new C LED DRL

I'm missing a step. I'm told the C LED lights only come on when headlights or parking lights are on. I know they also come on just by themselves when car is started remotely with lights off.

I get the disabling of the high beam DRL.

How did you get the C LED to come on by itself as the DRL?

Edited by EaglesPDX

• 4 weeks later...
I don't get how this works either. I pulled the plug but the C LED lights don't come on when the lights are switched to Auto. The C LED lights only come on when the lights are switched on or the parking lights are switched on. Before pulling the plug, the C LED lights never came on with the DRL. Am I missing something?

I don't get how this works either. I pulled the plug but the C LED lights don't come on when the lights are switched to Auto. The C LED lights only come on when the lights are switched on or the parking lights are switched on. Before pulling the plug, the C LED lights never came on with the DRL. Am I missing something?

Other reason I don't want to mess with it is the DRL's going off when the turn signal is on so the turn signal is more noticeable with the DRL washing it out.

That's a nice safety feature I don't want to lose.

So we have to convince Im2cOol that he has to have CLED as the DRL without losing the turn signal DRL auto shutoff feature. He does all the work. I print it out and give it to the local shop to make it happen.

Edited by EaglesPDX

Someone's gotta come up with something at some point. I know Prolightz has a kit out for the 15' WRX unfortunately it won't work with out cars as we have 3 wires and the WRX only has 2.

Follow me on Instagram @CT2015Legacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk