LegacyGT.com

New injectors without tune for 1.7 miles

Apparently I gave too short notice for a base map as they are booked solid every single day. Lesson learned there. I mean I could have aaa tow it for free, but that's a last resort. I have the proper taxtrix cable but no clue what I would be doing to scale properly.

Wtf. Shop just called and said they couldn't get them in. That they wouldn't seat right n fuel was leaking out the side. Do these I'D 1000 need any modifications?

Did they put the o-rings and the gaskets in the right places?

You ARE running an aftermarket fuel rail, too, right?

No I am not. Stock fuel rail. I thought these could be modified to be put in

you do need an aftermarket fuel rail...they're really isn't much to it.

This.

I'm honestly surprised they'd even attempt to install them otherwise. Why didn't they know to make time for a tune immediately after the install?

$650 more for another rail? wtf why did I think all I needed was a pump and injectors. Guess ill just return everything

I know hindsight is 20/20, but, you're nearly doubling your injector size, and, I suppose converting to topfeed?

Again, since you're clearly not doing your own work, who did this for you and why didn't they know what you were missing/what was needed to complete the job?

I already am top feed, that is why I thought this was direct fit, it was what i was told. The shop doing the work is not the same place it is being tuned at. Or was being tuned at lol. I just bought the parts n brought it to them. Thanks man :)

• Moderators

Pretty sure that jsut swapping to ID1000s with a setup that is already topfeed shouldn't require aftermarket rails...

The rails are definitley required for an 05/06 swapping to topfeeds, but should be required for an 07+

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

According to my research, this was correct, but now I am not sure. Maybe I got the wrong injectors. They were for a wrx I know that, that could be it, but pretty sure I am not THAT dumb and researched enough to order the right ones?

I would think they would fit no problem. 07-09 injectors should be the same as the 08+ wrx and sti.

Pm Underdog,m.sprank,or mike at azp?installs I'm sure one of them can confirm or deny fitment.

I will vote that the car wouldn't even make it there. If it does start it'll be sooo rich it'll foul out the plugs and stall.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Part# 1000.48.11.wrx.4

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Injector-Dynamics-1000-48-11-WRX-4-Fuel-Injectors-Top-Feed-1000cc

This shows confirmed fitment with my car.

Those are the exact injectors I just installed... No fitment problems here. I wasn't sure if the top of the injectors needed to be seated more in the rails at first but once you torque the rail down its fine. Just gotta make sure the o-rings are in there and lubed up. I also agree with needing a base map before being able to start up or drive anywhere.

Sounds like your shop is incompetent. Sorry.

Or better yet, the tech working on the car just hasn't done the install before. Swapping injectors should be straight forward.

Agreed, tried to save a few bucks by not taking it to the shop who does my other work and tuning. Lesson learned. It is currently at the tuning shop for new injectors and E85 :spin:

Archived