LegacyGT.com

2012 lgt

Randyb

Navigation was the only factory option for 2012 LGT's (you could add port or dealer installed accessories). They were about $32k new and could be bought for $30k. 2012 LGT are super rare at only 227 made. I looked up NADA and they put the value at 25,600. With it being higher miles, I would aim for $24K

If it's from a dealer, that's not a bad price according to kbb, for whatever that's worth. Private party they say should be 24-25k depending on condition (looking at good-excellent). Thing is, they are pretty hard to find, so if you really want one, you might get stuck spending a little more than rock bottom (unless the seller gets desperate)

Thank you for all the replies. I had no idea they were so rare in 2012 I know they announced discontinuing them in spring 2012, cause I had just bought my 2.5i limited and planned on ordering a GT in a few years.

I drove it yesterday solid car. its not a 10 but its in good shape. Driver side glass has been replaced and the seals are off and needs replaced. theres a rattle in the dash left of the steering wheel. But the one thing really bothering me is that the car smells bad. Not sure what it is but smells like it has something to do with animals and or water. And the dealer or whom ever used something shiny like armor all in the inside. Guess I could soak the interior in VLR.

The seats seem softer as in the cushions than my limited. Ans the car feels higher off the ground.

26,500 seem to me a little bit of a premium to me. 24 to me seems like the right price.

And the title should have been Nice price or Crack pipe a fun column at Jalopnik.

Does it smell like mold/mildew? I wonder if the car got flooded or something like that. Stuff like armor all should be able to be removed/cleaned, so I wouldn't worry about that. if the car really stinks inside, there are an awful lot of porous materials (like the seating surfaces which are leather - the rest is pleather) that might be hard to get clean/stink-free. Any flaw is a potential bargaining chip to get the price down - the good news is if they are asking 26.5, they probably don't expect to get it and should have room to negotiate. Has it been sitting on their lot for a while? that can help when trying to get the price down, too!

There are 226 other ones (and 300 2011 LGT's). Is this at a dealership? almost all dealers will through clean a car and use odor neutralizers as needed (unless just arrive and hadn't been done)?

Between the work that it needs and the odors, I personally would look for another one. You don't want to be paying ~$25k for a car that you might end up with a smell that might be hard to remove.

My 2012 with 40k on it books out at $28k from a dealer (non CPO) and $26.5k from a private party for "very good" to "excellent" condition.

I would say that if you really want it, offer them $25 and make them fix a few things.

You should be able to get any Legacy GT from a dealer at under blue book value, as they are niche car with few buyers and get too poor fuel economy for anyone other than Legacy GT aficionados to care, especially if you live outside of the snow belt where Subarus are more uncommon.

You should be able to get any Legacy GT from a dealer at under blue book value, as they are niche car with few buyers and get too poor fuel economy for anyone other than Legacy GT aficionados to care, especially if you live outside of the snow belt where Subarus are more uncommon.

THIS^^ I was about to type this. No LGT is rare, you wont see a LGT roll across Barett Jackson's stage :lol: They can use the 227 number for now to keep values higher but people arent going above and beyond to buy them. And when that long term maintenance starts to creep up SOME owners are going to dump them.

Its like having a chunk of Pyrite hoping no one else notices it's not gold:lol:

If you must have a BM LGT there are three years to chose from 10-12 look around find one you like for a better price. Rattles and such will only increase with a Subaru no need to spend new car money on them upfront :)

Guys thanks for all the replies it's been very helpful. It's strange these cars are really priced all over the map. I'm happy and delighted to say that I've been lurking in this site since 2006 and today I'm posting with ownership of a 2010 gt. Found a good one in Maryland, 49k miles $17900. New tires and 50k maintenance done.

Patience and a level head paid off. That's for the tip on clogged ac drain. Gonna check that on the new car just in case

But reality..... I'm looking at improving the cars durability suspension and how it feels on the road. I'm happy with the speed there's plenty to dig into and make trouble. Overall I'm very happy with everything at the moment I'll put a lot of miles on it and when things wear I'll be upgrading those items.

Archived