LegacyGT.com

LED Headlight Strips

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have any 5th gen headlights? lol

With a 5th gen you have aftermarket options like these or doing custom work like this thread has outlined!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/cf603e07ebdba51586e52614a28c40c3.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/1836e24e45817996c0c686f7e1d1d27d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was sort of asking Wayno, wouldn't mind $50 pair of 5th gen headlights to take apart and modify lol. I have OEM HID so not interested in those aftermarket ones.

I see now! I thought it was just a question to the group! Don't mind me. Lol

• 1 month later...
While looking for advice and knowledge about blacking out my housing/installing leds into my headlights I stumbled acrossed this post. I know it's an old post, but would like to say thank you to the OP for a great write up!! :) let me know what you think! :cool:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/0eefc01212eb60ede75d7768ef57fdc6.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/a50331e1b4014ca9b1d66d3655f08947.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/a69e0b203aad5e5551c01956cbe99e46.jpg

What size halos are these?

What size halos are these? (Hit reply to a quote not the original and can't delete)

They're 100mm! [emoji1360]

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on my setup. Living in Ohio, the Salt has destroyed another set of electronics for the LED's. I had previously spliced in another set of inline controllers.

Long story short make sure the inline circuit boards are water tight, inside the light housing is probably best, but then they are not accessible if they go bad...

I also got water inside one of my lights after I messed up the seal installing my intake(and not noticing). This combined with the really bad fogging means I'll be building another pair soon.

I'd like to try something different with the turn signal to make them brighter in the daytime while maintaining the blacked out reflector that I have. Thinking something like I have seen on some BMW's with led turn signals.

• 1 year later...
Quick update on my setup. Living in Ohio, the Salt has destroyed another set of electronics for the LED's. I had previously spliced in another set of inline controllers.

Long story short make sure the inline circuit boards are water tight, inside the light housing is probably best, but then they are not accessible if they go bad...

I also got water inside one of my lights after I messed up the seal installing my intake(and not noticing). This combined with the really bad fogging means I'll be building another pair soon.

I'd like to try something different with the turn signal to make them brighter in the daytime while maintaining the blacked out reflector that I have. Thinking something like I have seen on some BMW's with led turn signals.

NetSubie, I'm new here and have some questions as I plan on doing this to my 2009 legacy limited (non turbo). I've read threw all these posts and didn't see the answers to my questions.

1: Why paint the headlight housings black? Wouldn't the chrome make is shine brighter.

2: The LED strips you bought and installed were they the perfect size or did you have to cut or hide part of it, and did they come in one length or several and what length was that?. Ya multiple questions there.61d7d4f622518f9be4a1e05e2d919253.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What lights are those behind the grill? I thought I may have been the only one to do it as I haven't seen anyone do it too. I like yours with that grill as you can see them easier.

Also, I am wondering since i have the JDM headlight garnish, would I be able to stick my lights in the oven. 275 or whatever isn't too hot but don't want to mess em up.

I put my 2009 legacy extra pair of headlights in the oven @ 200-207 degrees for 4-5min. After preheat on top shelf and they came mostly apart with some muscle then put them back in for another 3-4min.

Then a couple more times to soften glue to try and remove most of it. I know this is an old Post.

I put my 2009 legacy extra pair of headlights in the oven @ 200-207 degrees for 4-5min. After preheat on top shelf and they came mostly apart with some muscle then put them back in for another 3-4min.

Then a couple more times to soften glue to try and remove most of it. I know this is an old Post.

Separation pics4c9892c6e287e1167eb55b0f9dc7fe3e.jpg4f1d7d2406168c57899171f705ab49dd.jpg33f0c12aa8b4a3bfc6328e562ea77aed.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...