LegacyGT.com

Engine Swap

Im looking out there for an 09 legacy gt 2.5 turbo engine that i can swap into my 09 pzev legacy. I came to terms with the fact that trying to get more power out of that engine wasnt going to happen. Has anyone done this before? I want ot get a sense of what I'm looking at for time/work/money and all that before i hop into things. It isn't a time sensative matter but I want to start learning the options and ins and outs this job could present.

If you you know what your doing and have all the tools go ahead and do it yourself, need motor trans and ecu, need to know a little about wiring, I'm in the middle of a swap right now, 05 sti into a 97 legacy gt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically it would just be so much easier and more cost efficient to just sell the 2.5i and get a GT like stated above. Reason being you have to swap more than just the motor (like the ecu and harness)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Sold my 2.5 na and upgraded to gt. Except I settled for 5eat... damnit...maybe ill upgrade again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with the 5EAT? Other than not feeling as connected to the car, it's just as fast as it's manual counterpart.

I like my auto. One of the best shifting auto's I've ever driven considering the technology in it is over a decade old.

Plus if you do the swap...you have to consider inspection / emissions if applicable.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived