LegacyGT.com

SOA has no clue

Jedi Pimp

Now they say they are coming out with a minivan http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103075

for 2007 or 2008. What the hell is the Tribeca for then? That is already an AWD boxer minivan!!! And to make things worse the 2006 Civic has tilt/telescoping steering wheel, MP3 capable stereo, NAV available with a manual and 60/40 folding rear seat. SOA is on crack.

Now they say they are coming out with a minivan http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103075

for 2007 or 2008. What the hell is the Tribeca for then? That is already an AWD boxer minivan!!! And to make things worse the 2006 Civic has tilt/telescoping steering wheel, MP3 capable stereo, NAV available with a manual and 60/40 folding rear seat. SOA is on crack.

maybe its the cronic they're on?

What are the qualifications needed to be an automotive journalist these days ?

Quote "The B9 Tribeca sport wagon, which went on sale in May, has a base price of $31,320, including destination. Powered by a 3.0-liter V-6, it is available with five or seven seats."

:lol::lol::lol: Boxer power baby!

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Guest *Jedimaster*

Quote "The B9 Tribeca sport wagon, which went on sale in May, has a base price of $31,320, including destination. Powered by a 3.0-liter V-6, it is available with five or seven seats."

Yeah, I remember watching Speed Channels test of the GPMoto Forester XT that made 300 hp at the rear wheels :lol:

I thought the B-9 was more along the lines of a SUV and not a sport wagon. I wonder if that V-6 was horizontally opposed. >-6 :lol: This should be interesting to see a minivan on the legacy or forester frame, sounds like a Ford freestyle to me. Subaru Traviq what kind of name is that? Sounds like Subaru needs some help, how bout a minisuv with twin turbo H6 boxer hooked to 6MT STI tranny or 5EAT sportshift, lets say around 320hp/320tq:D oh don't forget the STI suspension parts and Brembo brakes on 19'' wheels. DVD/Nav combo, MP-3/sat radio options etc. All for the low low price of $28,000 give or take with the options and watch their sales skyrocket.:D

Personally I believe they are trying to fight of their main competitor both on their home turf and abroad.... HONDA. Honda atm are coming out with some weird but wonderful creations and for Subaru to remain on the map and very much in the minds of buyers, they have to continue to supply both the Family and Rally type rides.

Ada///M.

Got this message thsi morning:

You may have read in this week's issue of Automotive News a story regarding FHI's plans for a minivan in the US market for 2007-2008. This report from an unofficial and unidentified source was in error and we are working to correct it.

FHI had planned a minivan for the Japanese market, as part of the original FDR-1 business plan, which has since been reviewed and changed.

Subaru product planning strives to be responsive to current market conditions and Subaru of America currently has no plans to sell a minivan in the US.

I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding or rumors regarding this reporter's incorrect speculation.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Subaru of America has no plans... to commit financial suicide competing in a crowded and low margin market dominated by much larger companies, and thus has no plans to sell a minivan in the US.

The biggest laugh of all, is "Subaru product planning strives to be responsive to current market conditions..."

Yeah sure. I'll believe that when any of us can buy a Legacy wagon with a 6MT, NAV, and choice of interior colors, with HID headlights.

responsive to their own skewed expectation of the bottom line, maybe. They certainly aren't listening to the likes of us.

SPORTS wagon??????????? :lol:

It's really scary how anyone can bring themselves to say something like that.

I thought the B-9 was more along the lines of a SUV and not a sport wagon. I wonder if that V-6 was horizontally opposed. >-6 :lol: This should be interesting to see a minivan on the legacy or forester frame, sounds like a Ford freestyle to me. Subaru Traviq what kind of name is that? Sounds like Subaru needs some help, how bout a minisuv with twin turbo H6 boxer hooked to 6MT STI tranny or 5EAT sportshift, lets say around 320hp/320tq:D oh don't forget the STI suspension parts and Brembo brakes on 19'' wheels. DVD/Nav combo, MP-3/sat radio options etc. All for the low low price of $28,000 give or take with the options and watch their sales skyrocket.:D

Ummmmmmm, no thanks. :confused:

You have a great imagination, though.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Subaru of America has no plans... to commit financial suicide competing in a crowded and low margin market dominated by much larger companies, and thus has no plans to sell a minivan in the US.

The biggest laugh of all, is "Subaru product planning strives to be responsive to current market conditions..."

Yeah sure. I'll believe that when any of us can buy a Legacy wagon with a 6MT, NAV, and choice of interior colors, with HID headlights.

responsive to their own skewed expectation of the bottom line, maybe. They certainly aren't listening to the likes of us.

yea, + like 1000. Well put.

It's that special 180 degree V-6. :)

Archived