LegacyGT.com

MSD Coil Packs

does anybody have a website for me to buy a set of msd coil packs for my 2006 legacy gt? My check engine light just came on and the codes are pulling a misfire in each cylinder. if im gonna tune it I want to do it right since Im going to be upgrading the performance anyway I might as well start here since I need them anyway. I already looked on ebay and can't seem to locate any for my model car.

Gotta give some more details on your car before you go spending money on parts that arent gonna solve your problem... do you have an accessport? How many miles on car? Have plugs been changed recently? Are you running stock exhaust? We need more info on your car to help determine why you are misfiring...

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Gotta give some more details on your car before you go spending money on parts that arent gonna solve your problem... do you have an accessport? How many miles on car? Have plugs been changed recently? Are you running stock exhaust? We need more info on your car to help determine why you are misfiring...

Hey! Don't tell him how to spend his money! Obviously he's talked to the automotive wizards at Autozone, and their machine told him that the ALL the coils are bad. They are trained professionals, whereas you are just an armchair internet mechanic, so why would he believe you over them?

Blitzed, here, you need these:

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Okada-Projects-Plasma-Spark-Subaru-2-5-Turbo-Models-inc-2004-2011-STI-2006-2011-WRX&source=GoogleBase&vid=2005-Subaru-Legacy-GT?gclid=COPcmeKFpb4CFcOBfgod7YIAPA

They will solve ALL of your problems and turn your OEM ride into an OMG ride.

no accessport, car has spt upgraded exhaust, apt air filter, cobb downpipe, and 122,000 miles. I asked the guy I bought the car from and he said he never did a tune up. I also read that it could be dirty injectors causing the problem?

no accessport, car has spt upgraded exhaust, apt air filter, cobb downpipe, and 122,000 miles. I asked the guy I bought the car from and he said he never did a tune up. I also read that it could be dirty injectors causing the problem?

Plugs should be changed every 60,000 miles.

Did you just put the cobb DP on or was it there when you bought the car ?

Give us the details about the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm guessing you have 2005 GT ?

The car should have been tuned for the Cobb.

IMO if the plugs have never been replaced at 122,000 miles and bad gas...I'd replace the plugs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fumoto+valve&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-ContextMenu&oe=&safe=active&oq=fumoto&gs_l=heirloom-serp.1.0.0l10.3666.10016.0.13916.92.19.0.0.0.6.375.2278.0j6j4j1.11.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..88.4.873.6VusQYwl6uU

How low is the gas tank now ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Well at least if you fill the tank with 93, your better off then staying with the 85 octane in there.

I believe there is a drain plug in the tank too.

Theoretically, instead of draining the gas tank (hard work and expensive) why couldn't he just dump like 3-4 bottles of octane booster into the tank? Or even add some race/av gas to the mix to dilute the regular?

Theoretically, instead of draining the gas tank (hard work and expensive) why couldn't he just dump like 3-4 bottles of octane booster into the tank? Or even add some race/av gas to the mix to dilute the regular?

This would make too much sense

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I reset the ECU by removing the negative line from the battery. also put octane booster in the tank right before I filled it today. I'm going to see if that works if it comes back on than I def have another issue other than bad gas.

I doubt every coil failed at the same time....you have another issue

This, also.

Ok, see you have a 2006, has the o-rings between the intake manifold and the TGV's been replaced with the new larger orange ones ? I'm guessing no, they haven't been replaced. That is a issue with these cars but normally only in cold weather.

How often do you drive the car, and how long is your DD ? IMO cars that are driven for short distances tend to have more problems.

Oh, I have not heard of anyone using MSD coil packs, even on high HP engines in these cars.

I never had a subaru before. I come on here for advice and some of u have to be assholes about everything thanks to everybody that are helping me out to the rest of u hope u fall out a tree and get a branch stuck up ur ass

I'll take a look at the manifold and see if yet are orange. I go through a full tank a week on average so around 300 miles mixed city/ highway. The coils I just new that from my old car okada I see are nice but alittle expensive. No check engine yet in about 75 miles since I reset the ecu

I never had a subaru before. I come on here for advice and some of u have to be assholes about everything thanks to everybody that are helping me out to the rest of u hope u fall out a tree and get a branch stuck up ur ass

I'll take a look at the manifold and see if yet are orange. I go through a full tank a week on average so around 300 miles mixed city/ highway. The coils I just new that from my old car okada I see are nice but a little expensive. No check engine yet in about 75 miles since I reset the ecu

So are you pissed enough to do some reading and learn about your new car? Sorry to say, but LGTs are not get-in-and-drive-away, nor take-it-to-any-mechanic or use-whatever-parts kinda cars. You need parts made for Subaru and have them installed by someone who knows Subarus.

I was kidding on the Okadas. No one buys those because they're snake oil.

Do some more reading here and you'll start to learn about what all goes on inside your ride and what things commonly go wrong.

Wait until you get to do an engine rebuild -- You'll laugh about this little problem later.

It's a dead-ringer indicator that his last car was likely a domestic. In his mind, MSD = Performance.

I know that. I had a MSD 6A box on my old Duster 340 back in the late 1970's.

Archived