LegacyGT.com

Brembo Upgrade----Parts List

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Reviving old thread.

I'm picking up front Brembo calipers from an 05 STi.

I noticed everyone is going with aftermarket dual drilled rotors. Is there any reason we can't just use a stock 04' STi 5x100 rotors?

The 2004 STi 5x100 rotors are the same size as 2005+ 5x114 at 326mmx30 and share the same center bore as our car at 56.1.

Seems to me like the would would just fine no?

Edited by Becks1818

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just reread this thread and I can't find anyone mentioning how much fluid is needed for the full system and how much you should have on hand to do a flush or fill. Any suggestions for where to start?
I have never used more than a liter to install all 4 Brembos and lines and do a full flush. A pint is simply not enough to do it properly. ATE Type200 is what I use.

• 2 years later...
And don't forget Brembo specific caliper bolts. The thread pitch is 1.25 whereas the stock Legacy caliper bolts are 1.5. Unless your Brembos came with them. Oakos Automotive always has them in stock and clearly listed on their website. This is probably the reason that so many Brembos need helicoil repairs. Lol!

And don't forget Brembo specific caliper bolts. The thread pitch is 1.25 whereas the stock Legacy caliper bolts are 1.5. Unless your Brembos came with them. Oakos Automotive always has them in stock and clearly listed on their website. This is probably the reason that so many Brembos need helicoil repairs. Lol!
Yes, thanks GTeaser. They are on the parts list I am accumulating as we speak.

Brake lines were shipped today, my rotors are also on the way and I already have a shop waiting to redrill the rears for me.

Should be installed in about 2 weeks [emoji16]

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Also if the Brembos were rebuilt by someone, double check if they are put together correctly. My Brembos have the plug and bleed screw flipped around and I did not realize it until I was bolting on the brake line. So actually they are installed upside down with the crossover on the top. They were a pain to bleed but works fine for now.

I will fix but I am waiting on SS lines that are delayed cause of USPS.

yes lexus ls 430 4pots are a cheap upgrade and offers 13% increase in brake torque vs stock LGT calipers, very popular in russia

it uses the standard br9 316mm disc.12mm spacers /longer studs are needed to fit the br9 alloys this makes them flush with the body work and looks great

adapters cost about £130.

i don't recommend just upgrading the fronts tho as it gives the br9 a rubbish brake pedal feel and i believe it pushed the biased to the rear.

pm me if anyone whats the adapters made.

only disadvantage is there is no weight saving as the lexus calipers are massive.

lexus used calipers are £100 ish ,only mod needed to to remove the caliper locating pins.

looks oem to

DSC-1579.jpg

DSC-1194.jpg

DSC-1195.jpg

DSC-1583.jpg

Edited by JDMBR9