LegacyGT.com

Brembo Upgrade----Parts List

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread revival :), thank you for the info guys, was really helpful to complete the task. My setup:

GRB STI Spec.C calipers and braided lines

DBA T2 slotted front/rear

Dixcel type M pads

That looks great. it is nice to have a forum to help out on exactly what you need and the poor guys at the front of the forum being the guinea pigs.

Going on the 4th year with Brembos. On of the best mods done and would get them again. Sure, it's a little extra cost. Brembos weigh less than OEM. Everyone always bitches about how much wheels weight and the need to reduce unsprung weight. Well, here's you're chance.

Has anyone confirmed weight difference between 5th Gen LGT calipers and STI Brembo's? Is there really a weight savings in calipers and do the new rotors off-set any weight savings?

Just curious is all, planning on doing brakes in the next 5-10K miles and need more excuses / justification for the upgrade.

Has anyone confirmed weight difference between 5th Gen LGT calipers and STI Brembo's? Is there really a weight savings in calipers and do the new rotors off-set any weight savings?

Just curious is all, planning on doing brakes in the next 5-10K miles and need more excuses / justification for the upgrade.

I haven't seen a weight comparison on here but I have seen one on other forums. But I think that the weight of upgraded calipers weather more or less shouldn't be the deciding factor in the do I or don't I decision. Factors I would consider are lifetime maintenance cost (significantly higher for brembos) vs performance (slightly higher for brembos). The reason I say perfomance is "slightly higher" is because of a write up/article I read recently (called "why Brembo's aren't worth it") on how brembos only stopped from 60-0 a mere 5-10 ft sooner then the stock brakes on most vehicles that could do a brembo swap. So IMO brembos are either a simply for looks thing or a hit the track and/or autox course and not worry about brake fade. If 1 of those 2 fit your needs/plans then it's probably a good idea to spend the money. If your just looking to get better stopping power then a good set of sticky tires, slotted rotors, HP pads, and SS lines will take care of that for much less $$$$ and will still lower your 60-0 distance by 5-10 ft.

Edited by foxrider28

That looks great. it is nice to have a forum to help out on exactly what you need and the poor guys at the front of the forum being the guinea pigs.

To be honest I'd done a fair bit of Guinea pigging myself before I came across this thread - started with transferring gold GD Impreza calipers from my old BLE - front was fine, rears with adapters not so. Hunted some spec.C GRB calipers and turned out I need different rear rotors too as standard 5x100 Brembo rotors are too deep/tall...

• 1 month later...

Wanted to clear up thoughts on brembo upgrade with stock GT wheels for the 2010, I have 18x9.5 +38 work wheels with summers that'll clear them fine - but my winter tires and stock wheels might need spacers - GTeaser - were you saying 17mm were needed just to clear the spokes? So I'd have to add spacers/stockers/winter wheels when I swap each winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to clear up thoughts on brembo upgrade with stock GT wheels for the 2010, I have 18x9.5 +38 work wheels with summers that'll clear them fine - but my winter tires and stock wheels might need spacers - GTeaser - were you saying 17mm were needed just to clear the spokes? So I'd have to add spacers/stockers/winter wheels when I swap each winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to run a minimum of 17mm spacers with the stock wheels because the stock wheel studs need to clear the pockets in the back of the wheels, and 17mm is the minimum needed. I'm not sure how much you need to clear Brembos but I'm pretty sure 17mm is plenty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just for clarification purposes (for me) because this is what I have encountered thus far.

I have 08+ STI calipers front and rear

Fronts mount up with

The dual drilled DBA 4000 series slotted/drilled STI rotors (yes the stock LGT ones are too small)

And the OEM brembo bolts from Subaru part #901120103

The rear though.... seem to mount up in the factory spot with the stock LGT rear rotor size (but not enough friction area from the rotor) so not really an option. So I tried option B for me

04 STI rear rotor which puts the offset of the caliper to not correctly mount.

My question is, What can be done to utilize the 08+ STI caliper on the LGT setup, is there another rotor I should be trying for (from what I'm reading I may have to go for the 08+ STI rear rotor dual drilled) or am I more likely to find an adaptor bracket (which seems odd btw) sorry if I'm beating a dead horse with this question. Thanks for any insight in advance

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Just for clarification purposes (for me) because this is what I have encountered thus far.

I have 08+ STI calipers front and rear

Fronts mount up with

The dual drilled DBA 4000 series slotted/drilled STI rotors (yes the stock LGT ones are too small)

And the OEM brembo bolts from Subaru part #901120103

The rear though.... seem to mount up in the factory spot with the stock LGT rear rotor size (but not enough friction area from the rotor) so not really an option. So I tried option B for me

04 STI rear rotor which puts the offset of the caliper to not correctly mount.

My question is, What can be done to utilize the 08+ STI caliper on the LGT setup, is there another rotor I should be trying for (from what I'm reading I may have to go for the 08+ STI rear rotor dual drilled) or am I more likely to find an adaptor bracket (which seems odd btw) sorry if I'm beating a dead horse with this question. Thanks for any insight in advance

You have a 4th gen, right? I'm assuming your rear brakes are different than ours.

• 1 month later...
First of all, thank you all for educating me here. I am really thinking about a Brembo upgrade. Initially i was going to go with the 2008+ with less hassle. But recently i came across a really low miles 2016 STI brembo, does this fit our 2010+ LGT?

First of all, thank you all for educating me here. I am really thinking about a Brembo upgrade. Initially i was going to go with the 2008+ with less hassle. But recently i came across a really low miles 2016 STI brembo, does this fit our 2010+ LGT?

Yes, 2008-current STi Brembo calipers are direct bolt on for the 5th Gen GT with the proper rotors and caliper bolts.

Will the oem rotors work if i can get my hands on 08 sti calipers.. before i bought the car someone did a complete brake job... with crap parts.. so brakes are on my list. I got a buddy with a set sitting in his garage but no discs and am wondering if i need to get new discs.

• 2 months later...
I found a set of gold rear calipers for 375. I am planning on picking these up and installing in the next month or two. Guy who is selling them bought a full set and put the fronts on his car after a quick rattle can job and hit the track. Would I be okay with not doing a rebuild on these? Obviously I need to look them over when I get them.

I found a set of gold rear calipers for 375. .....Would I be okay with not doing a rebuild on these? Obviously I need to look them over when I get them.

We can't tell you over the internet if they are safe. You need to determine for yourself if they are safe in their current condition. There is a reason they are only $375.

• 2 weeks later...

Will these DBA Rotors fit Brembos and 5th Gens? Thanks in advance. Already dual-drilled. If so, is it more cost efficient just to have a machine shop drill 5x100 holes for us?

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/brake-rotors/4654s-10-g-dba-4000-series-t-slot-slotted-rotor-pair-front

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/brake-rotors/dba-42656s-10-grp-dba-4000-series-t-slot-slotted-rotor-pair-rear

^ I was thinking of these , but I'm guessing that bolt pattern is 5x114

DBA DBA42650S-10 T3 4000 Series T-Slot Uni-Directional Slotted Rotor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RTJ7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_2dXXzbYDVKYZR

DBA DBA42656S-10 T3 4000 Series Brake Rotor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LYBHE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zgXXzbWG0VFB4