LegacyGT.com

Exhaust is bad. Need advice

So basically yesterday I dropped the entire exhaust system on my car to have a corroded flange cut off and a small pipe welded in its place. And to my surprise after inspecting the entire exhaust, there are small leaks every foot or so due to rot. i'm going to need all brand new parts from the headers back to the axleback. I'm already expecting parts from subaru too be riduculously expensive. Are there any aftermarket exhausts for a second gen legacy or impreza(that will fit without crazy modification) i can have pipes extened if thats all that has to be done. Really all im asking are what are my options for replacement exhaust from the headers back to the axleback? Also keeping in mind that I'm not trying to spend a crazy amount of money.

I had the same problem. When I took off my midpipe, it came off in two pieces....not sure if that's still considered an exhaust leak at that point! the rust was pretty bad. If you want some sound, I highly suggest the speedy racer UEL headers. I wrapped those in the DEI exhaust wrap and sprayed after with the high-temp silicon spray. Everything worked well!

As for the mid-pipe, I went through Partsgeek.com and got the Bosal pipe. Everything was bolt on and go. Currently, I have no muffler on and it sounds amazing! Definitely hear that subarumble!

Now, I'm just waiting on the Vibrant muffler from Summit Racing. Good luck with everything!

You said from the headers back. I got 2 of the Magnaflow direct fit cats and they were somewhat reasonably priced. Got them from Amazon. It's been about One & 1/2 years and no codes.

The rest was replaced with boring Walker stuff. It is silent though.

Edit. My 2.2 Legacy is not a race car. I won't lie to myself and try to make it sound like one.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived