LegacyGT.com

18" Enkei Raijins on my '08 GT

Hey all! Im finally in a spot to invest in some new wheels and I would like some feedback from you all. My car is Bronze and I was thinking of buying Enkei Raijin 18" x 8" matched with Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical All Seasons. Are there any GT's put there with this Wheel? Pics? feedback? I'm afraid to go to an 18 x 8.5 because of wheel rub but i think it would look a bit better.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8j1i.jpg

j7eb.jpg

Mine are 18x8. I like them and I think they look great on my car. I'm sure they would look good on yours as well. With the sedan or even the wagon 18x8.5 with a 225-245 tire should be fine.

Gex, those look great on your wagon. Those are the best pics of those wheels on a legacy I've seen. Gives a better idea what they'll look like on my car. What size tire is that? Looks like you dropped it a bit? What did you do? I'm gonna be putting a new suspension on mine come spring because mg ride is so rough and "boaty". I was looking at the koni struts on tire rack because they just went on sale. there is also a koni coil over kit with h&r springs that went on sale too... I don't want to drop it more than 1/2".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply 12sechatch... That's good to know... I saw some people that had put on 8.5's and wasn't sure if that would look better, but I'd rather stay safe with the 8" like you said

I only chose 225's because that's what was recommended by the town fair tire and good year with the 8". I'm not really sure what difference it makes. I'm not very educated in wheel and tire sizing. First time crossing this bridge

• Moderators
I only chose 225's because that's what was recommended by the town fair tire and good year with the 8". I'm not really sure what difference it makes. I'm not very educated in wheel and tire sizing. First time crossing this bridge

Overall it's pretty simple--wider tires just need a wider wheel to accompany in order to maximize the contact patch. 225s on an 8" wheel will fit almost all suspension setups (assuming a stockish aspect ratio which I'm sure the tire shop chose as well).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I've been thinking about buying the raijins, thanks to pics I saw from @gex a while ago. IMO, they're the best looking wheels I've seen for the legacy wagon so far. They're not cheap, so I may wind up going with a set of EKM3s instead. I'd like to stick with Enkei or OEM, mainly because it's my wife's car, and I dont want to be responsible for a rim breaking on her. Is tire rack a good place to buy these wheels?

I've been thinking about buying the raijins, thanks to pics I saw from @gex a while ago. IMO, they're the best looking wheels I've seen for the legacy wagon so far. They're not cheap, so I may wind up going with a set of EKM3s instead. I'd like to stick with Enkei or OEM, mainly because it's my wife's car, and I dont want to be responsible for a rim breaking on her. Is tire rack a good place to buy these wheels?

To be honest, I priced them out everywhere and the two places with the best prices are town fair tire and Goodyear. If you try to buy tires and rims separate everything comes out to be way more.

They are both super competitive with pricing because they want to beat each other.... Goodyear has good rebates right now so with EVERYTHING included, after rebate I'm looking at $1615. That includes everything including install, alignment and road hazard. They originally priced it out at $2300. It pays to do some research and they can Definately do better than what they say they can...

Tires were Goodyear f1 asymmetrical all season.

Also the good thing about the raijins is they are light weight compared to ekm3's so your gonna get better performance. At least to my understanding

Good to know, thanks! My wife doesn't have the GT. It was a really difficult decision, but I had to consider that it's going to be a kid hauler, and my wife really doesn't seem to care about performance. If it was my daily driver I would have for sure bought the GT. So, I guess that's why I'm not worried about wheel weight as much. Maybe I still should be?

To be honest, I priced them out everywhere and the two places with the best prices are town fair tire and Goodyear. If you try to buy tires and rims separate everything comes out to be way more.

They are both super competitive with pricing because they want to beat each other.... Goodyear has good rebates right now so with EVERYTHING included, after rebate I'm looking at $1615. That includes everything including install, alignment and road hazard. They originally priced it out at $2300. It pays to do some research and they can Definately do better than what they say they can...

Tires were Goodyear f1 asymmetrical all season.

According to enkei's website, lightweight rims can increase gas mileage but who really knows for sure (if in case that's true) if it is significant enough to notice.. Prob just another myth For everyday driver (which I am. I don't race or anything) to buy a lightweight rim...

Pretty sure they are the painted gun metal. But it is whatever was the cheapest between the two colors.

Just looked at tirerack. Mine are definitely Gunmetal. Looks like they dropped $10 a wheel since I bought mine as well.

Archived