LegacyGT.com

I'm currently running an OTS stage 2 cobb map 93octane with my accessport, i have a catless up pipe, a single catted downpipe and equal leghth headers..... So will i need a custome tune if i get an intake? because Cobbs sight says they offer an OTS stage 2 map with there intake.

2005 legacy gt

What's your definition of "intake" - replacement "intake panel filter" (greddy, k&n etc) or an entire replacement "intake housing" (pod filter etc)

The tube that runs from the turbo inlet to the air filter and removes the stock cold air intake from the top of the radiator support to the air filter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Still not with you... can you be more specific ;)

With my previous cars intake was piping that started from the turbo inlet. In Subaru world intake is piping starting after the turbo inlet.

Fair enough, but FMIC on 290hp seems like a waste. :spin:

With my other turbo cars, FMIC is the minimum we run even on under then 200hp. I'm actually curious how much power is lost due to heat soak of an TMIC on these cars (Legacy's hood scoop is tiny compared to STI/FXT).

My G20 (FWD SR20DE) made around 270 whp on with a 2.0 motor, GT28r @ 10.5psi, with a $90 cheap eBay FMIC. I'm sure proper charge cooling had everything to do with it, and I am not pushing boost like we do on Legacy's. More boost means more heat thus more cooling is needed.

I probably will get around to installing my FMIC towards the summer and report back, I just need to get some virtual dyno's done on the stock TMIC in 100*F weather before I switch to FMIC.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Still not with you... can you be more specific ;)

No.

;)

Why don't you goggle it....I mean that in a nice way....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived