LegacyGT.com

Spec b susp issues please help

djc 1827

Holy crap someone with an issue like mine same car! Sure u don't wanna gimme useless advice lol. I'll post pics after I install s tech and rear spacers
It's not an issue, it's by design. You put the wrong shocks on your car and blame the car? :lol:

Here's sedan Swifts on an otherwise stock suspension spec.B (early on in my mod path):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/IMG_0163.jpg

You are quite the character, clearly there are people here trying to help you. Spec.B vs. LGT has been well documented on these forums. How the F you ended up with Monroe shocks is beyond me. H-Techs are not great either (and don't buy the S-techs). There is relevance in some of the recommendations above, so don't be so quick to dismiss if they share wagon information. The spec.B is a little different, but you are not the first person to put refreshed suspension on one, so do some reading around here (some people have even shared good links to get you started).

STi pinks will not give you the drop you desire if you want about an inch (they are about 3/4"). Get the Swifts and thank me later. If you want it to appear even, get the wagon Swifts and forget the spacers. I have sedan Swifts on Bilsteins and my car is even front to rear, but the wheel arch gives the visual effect it's slightly lower in the rear (I've measured and it really is even). The Swifts have a more aggressive drop in the front to make up for the different top hat design used with the spec.B Bilsteins. Both Swift and STi pinks are designed for the inverted mono tube Bilsteins. Tein, H&R, Epic/Eibach and the like are designed for the standard LGT KYBs.

Judging from the content of this ramble, in going to assume you have me and the op CV confused / combined. I have an 06 lgt wagon that I put bilstein hds and h techs on not realizing there were fitment issues. After I realized my mistake,I ordered the springs I wanted. Im not seeing your point here. The swifts I feel will give be more drop than I want but thanks for the recommendation.

Judging from the content of this ramble, in going to assume you have me and the op CV confused / combined. I have an 06 lgt wagon that I put bilstein hds and h techs on not realizing there were fitment issues. After I realized my mistake,I ordered the springs I wanted. Im not seeing your point here. The swifts I feel will give be more drop than I want but thanks for the recommendation.

You are correct DJ. I meant to quote the post directly above yours and just edited the original post ;) Good catch. He wanted more of a drop, and your wagon sounds well setup for your goals and my recommendation wasn't meant for you :cool:

you need to get swift springs with spec b if you want a nice drop. i got the sedan springs but should have gotten wagon fitment to get rid of saggy butt. you can always get rid of saggy butt with 1/4 spacer or so.

you also need to take a good look at your car, the front side fenders are shorter compared to the rear so your rear

you need to get swift springs with spec b if you want a nice drop. i got the sedan springs but should have gotten wagon fitment to get rid of saggy butt. you can always get rid of saggy butt with 1/4 spacer or so.

you also need to take a good look at your car, the front side fenders are shorter compared to the rear so your rear

Also take a look at yourself while your at it

Uh I didn't put monroe shocks or struts on my car first of all they wont fit. If I did have monroe the drop would be even. That being said the guy who decided a car should sit one inch higher in the front at the subaru factory needs to be slapped. It looks ridiculous. Bilsteins are nice but way over priced and cause fitment issues. That being said I am running .25" spacers and s tech in front 1.5" drop and h tech in rear .9" drop. Im sure it will sit nice and even after that. I might not even use the rear spacers if I don't need to they are 25$ whoa! I came on here and clearly stated my problem. I got a bunch of mixed and confused advice until the wagon came along. His car still sits high in the front. The swift springs are 1.3 drop and they are not low enough in the front for me. So basically you just rambled on for nothing and for that Ill tag you when I go 11s with a vf52 and 3400lb lgt....im out

If I did have monroe the drop would be even.

That being said the guy who decided a car should sit one inch higher in the front at the subaru factory needs to be slapped. It looks ridiculous. Bilsteins are nice but way over priced and cause fitment issues.
for that Ill tag you when I go 11s with a vf52 and 3400lb lgt....im out

Hahaha. Looks like you really know your stuff when it comes to Subarus. Good luck with that...

lol at all of this ^^^^^

everyone should have left this guy to figure out these simple problems on his own. he came in clearly knowing nothing then told the knowledgeable people to get out because they said stuff that confused him. somebody said spec b and all was right in the world again. hahaha.

good luck on the 11s though bro. lol

Fastest vf52 I've seen was mid 12's in a wrx

I was the first to go 11s with a vf52. I am the only guy who did it on a stock engine stock 5sp as well. I did it on street tires as well. I am not new to the Subaru scene I am new to my spec b susp so get your facts straight before u act like u know me. Now google djc1827 no spaces along w vf52

I'll tell ya nothing makes me happier then not knowing you. Key word I put ther was fastest "I've" seen and I haven't not seen everything so instead of attacking me and everyone else you should have posted your thread from nasioc and said "I did 11's in wrx and I am going to try to get close with my spec b".

I didn't attack u I just said some of u gave me useless advice. Don't get all butthurt. I simply thought since thousands of spec b's have been made u guys would know your stuff. Top hats spacers spring choices etc. I hate when people compare my spec b with other vehicles. Unless u have the same exact setup as me it's pointless. I was just trying to find out what my options were I didn't really wanna run two sets of springs and kinda wanted to keep the bilsteins etc

I was the first to go 11s with a vf52. I am the only guy who did it on a stock engine stock 5sp as well. I did it on street tires as well. I am not new to the Subaru scene I am new to my spec b susp so get your facts straight before u act like u know me. Now google djc1827 no spaces along w vf52

I didn't attack u I just said some of u gave me useless advice. Don't get all butthurt. I simply thought since thousands of spec b's have been made u guys would know your stuff. Top hats spacers spring choices etc. I hate when people compare my spec b with other vehicles. Unless u have the same exact setup as me it's pointless. I was just trying to find out what my options were I didn't really wanna run two sets of springs and kinda wanted to keep the bilsteins etc

Pics, tits or gtfo. :rolleyes:

How exactly should one get their facts straight when you have given absolutely zero factual information? I can tell you, that people do know you from this thread and I am sure they are basing their conclusions or reactions

on the posts in this thread.

Why make a thread with asking for help, just to tell people (whom have the knowledge you seek) that they are wrong?

tl;dr? EAD,AH.

Dude no reason to argue..I didn't say everyone was wrong....I just got frustrated when people with diff top hats, struts or shocks, or springs were chiming in like it helped me at all. Unless you have jdm bilsteins on your car or a spec b with jdm bilsteins then you can't relate to me. The car looks very good now and the front will prob drop another .1 or .2 when they settle...Its very cold here about 15 degrees. Ill post some pics up. I am not trying to make enemies here I have enough of those on nasioc due to my opinions and I use to drink late at night on the forums arguing with people. A lot of haters too but you will get that.

Archived