LegacyGT.com

So how many built lgt's are out there?

Awesome but do you track it regularly? I had 40-50 1/4 mile passes on my built sti with no issues. Not just daily driven :)

No tracks days a couple auto-x but I am confident about doing some. Only thing I would worry about would be the tranny it's the only area I haven't been able to properly upgrade the brakes and suspension and motor are very solid. but that day will come soon enough. This summer a bunch of us are gonna do a track day hopefully at Sonoma sometime in June

To all y'all with these +400 or even +500hp cars, what do you guys do when Emmisions time rolls around? Even with these builds does simply throwing back the stock downpipe suffice? Or do you have to de tune it?

Emission testing in Illinois is a joke. All they do is plug into the OBD port to check for the readiness monitors for either pass or fail. You can force pass the readiness monitors in open source and AccessTuner. Illinois doesn't really do any type of visual inspection, ans some test stations even have a self test lane. I pass without any issues, even with the exhaust smelling of no cats and an obvious misfire/idle stumble (was still working on my tune).

Emission testing in Illinois is a joke. All they do is plug into the OBD port to check for the readiness monitors for either pass or fail. You can force pass the readiness monitors in open source and AccessTuner. Illinois doesn't really do any type of visual inspection, ans some test stations even have a self test lane. I pass without any issues, even with the exhaust smelling of no cats and an obvious misfire/idle stumble (was still working on my tune).

:lol: I'm gonna have to go register my car at my uncles address in Chicago then.

Colorado isn't that easy unless you live outside the "major" cities.

I'm out here in Cali, where we have the strictest laws on smog. I have a connect, who passes me, 180$ later tho.

I used to have one too, well my brother in law did, with my current set up it isn't a problem. I am worried about a full build tho.

I used to have one too, well my brother in law did, with my current set up it isn't a problem. I am worried about a full build tho.

With an AWD isn't it an idle and 2500 rpm stopped test? With high flow cats this should be pretty easy to pass. No boost no load.

I'm out here in Cali, where we have the strictest laws on smog. I have a connect, who passes me, 180$ later tho.

That is a good person to know. I am fully built and catless and will be moving to Santa Monica in May. I also won't have a garage available, so I may hit you up for that connection if that's OK with you.

With an AWD isn't it an idle and 2500 rpm stopped test? With high flow cats this should be pretty easy to pass. No boost no load.

Yea that's sounds right but what about when you are running 1000cc+ injectors? I would imagine that might skew some idle numbers and fail you there?

To all y'all with these +400 or even +500hp cars, what do you guys do when Emmisions time rolls around? Even with these builds does simply throwing back the stock downpipe suffice? Or do you have to de tune it?

I did a full emissions delete on my build two years ago. No emissions testings in my county, and most counties in Pennsylvania. :dm:

As for reliability, I have no issues with mine thus far. It's track/autox only with a little back road scootin around.

I just got an 06 LGT with a blown turbo and needs a motor, paid $2000. That leaves me with plenty to spend on a built motor and mods. Couple questions:

1. Will the 5 speed MT hold up to ~400 whp?

2. Can I throw an STi intake manifold on it? I know it's been done, but how?

I just got an 06 LGT with a blown turbo and needs a motor, paid $2000. That leaves me with plenty to spend on a built motor and mods. Couple questions:

1. Will the 5 speed MT hold up to ~400 whp?

2. Can I throw an STi intake manifold on it? I know it's been done, but how?

wrong thread. This is for builds already done. :eek:

1. should. however, shifting ability & care have more to do with longevity of the 5mt. 3rd was rebuilt at 97k and 3rd,4th went at 122k (5th lost its temper and blew its teeth all over hastening the replacement of the 5MT).

2. why? Not much to be gained.

That is a good person to know. I am fully built and catless and will be moving to Santa Monica in May. I also won't have a garage available, so I may hit you up for that connection if that's OK with you.

As much as I would like to, it's my buddies connect, and I have to go through him, he calls the guy and let's him know I'm coming and I'm good to go. Really doesn't do it for anyone except people he knows and trusts. Sorry

As much as I would like to, it's my buddies connect, and I have to go through him, he calls the guy and let's him know I'm coming and I'm good to go. Really doesn't do it for anyone except people he knows and trusts. Sorry

No worries, that's understandable.

Archived