LegacyGT.com

Front wiper upgrade?

I can't say I've seen different arms, but I have experimented with different springs to help pull the arms down. An old mechanix illustrated I've got suggests 1 oz of pull for each inch of blade. It's not a visible change, just a functional one.

Did you change the springs and did you see any difference in function?

Trick Onyx blades. Best things I've ever used.

Yeah, I have Bosch Icons. I wasn't referring to the blade, though. I was referring to the wiper arms themselves. Like how on the rear we can put a nice, sleek-looking blade from a newer Tribeca or an '07 Honda Pilot. I was thinking surely there must be ONE vehicle with a similar windshield size that we could steal the wiper arms from.

Is itPossible to put heated wipers from a 3rd gen on our cars?

Sent from my SGH-I337M units g Tapatalk

Heated wipers were an option on the 2nd Gen as welthe wipers them. It's not the wipers themselves that are heated. It's the windshield itself that had a heating filament on the bottom where the wipers sit.

Like I said, you need to replace the windshield with a heated model, which has heated filaments much like your rear window would, just all clustered at the base. It's a more expensive windshield (obviously). Other than that you just need the switch. You might already have the wiring in the car. It was part of the cold weather package (heated mirrors and seats) but I dunno what wires are left on the car regardless of the options. The switch sits on the center console just ahead of the armrest.

For the best results and longer wiper life I use the windshield washer fluid with Rain X and a good set of blades. The set I have on my LGT now are about a year and a half old and still work great. This has been a bad winter here in WI and they still are great. I'd bet I'll get another 6-12 months for sure. I've found over the years that using the Rain X washer fluid or actually putting Rain X on the windshield helps prolong the wiper blades life and its a practice I've started my whole family on. Another trick I do is about every 3 months I'll take a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and clean the rubber of the wiper.

Forgot, if you have a set of those wiper blades that form to the windshield and you notice the right blade seems like its not forming to the glass on the leading edge next time buy a wiper blade that is one inch shorter. It helps.

Yeah. Mine does the same thing. I think I put too curvy of a blade on it and it's lifting up the middle too much.

mines not that issue, long story short 2 years ago I picked up a brand new rear wiper for my other legacy and forgot to take it off when the car was totaled, so when I got my other legacy I was back again to an old wiper.

So I ask again for those that replaced the spring which spring did you use for the wipers?

Archived