LegacyGT.com

upgrade rear axle spec b

Doogie29th

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with RCV today. They are ready to go ahead with production of the axle bars. They will need full payment to proceed with manufacturing. I have already got the OK from the Admins here to accept payment for the bars. Once I have full payment from everyone getting axle bars, I will forward it to RCV the same day. Once they are completed, I will pick the bars up personally, then begin shipping them out. Production time should take 2-3 weeks. The plans/specs are already drawn out, so they can go into production 2 days after payment has been received.

The bars will be made of 4340 chromoly steel. I asked about including cv boots and strap, but RCV doesn't think they have anything that will fit our small CVs. They will see if they can come up with a solution, though.

The initial run will consist of at least 10 axle bars (5 sets), unless more sets are requested. In which case, the price should go down a bit. Right now, with a generous shipping estimate (unsure of exact shipping weight as of yet) of $40, and Paypal fees included, the price for each SET of axle bars (2 bars), comes to $425 shipped. Any difference in price will be refunded as the bars are shipped out.

I will be creating a Group Buy thread in the Group Buy forum.

I think I covered all the bases. If anyone has ANY questions, do not hesitate to ask. I want to make sure we are all on the same page before going through with the order.

Are they able to create a package with CVs?

I've been watching this thread as I'm looking for rear axles to run with an r180 RWD setup in my 3rd gen and I don't have a set of donor Spec B axles.

Are they able to create a package with CVs?

I've been watching this thread as I'm looking for rear axles to run with an r180 RWD setup in my 3rd gen and I don't have a set of donor Spec B axles.

If you have a 3rd gen, you should be looking into 6spd swaps and seeing what they are doing for axles. You might just need DSS conversion axles if you can get away with a wrx/sti axle/cv. I thought the 3rd gen shared suspension and drivetrain with the wrx's.

They can, but we are waiting on the first run of axle bars to begin testing of the OEM CVs before going ahead with manufacturing new CVs.

In the meantime, this might help: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4782864&postcount=1797

Thanks!

If you have a 3rd gen, you should be looking into 6spd swaps and seeing what they are doing for axles. You might just need DSS conversion axles if you can get away with a wrx/sti axle/cv. I thought the 3rd gen shared suspension and drivetrain with the wrx's.

No need for 6MT at current power levels, just want the beefier rear for now until I do a swap later.

• 4 weeks later...
What are your mods and what did you do to cause that break?

Built motor, TD06H 25G 8cm. E85 in the upper 20psi. DCCD 6spd with welded R160.

It didn't like my clutch kick when i attempted a donut. Makes me wished i had my R180 setup and sti axles in there from my swapped 99 Impreza wagon. Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived