LegacyGT.com

Canadian 05 OBXT build -- winter beater

VEX_JB

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think they'd rub with a wider tire? I'm looking at some 17x7" wheels with an et40 offset. So I think if I did my math right, the wheels outer edge will be just 4mm shy of the stis relative to the hub (not including spacer). But assuming your car has 215 section width tires on it, or something similar to the wheel width, I should be able to get a similar stance without spacers by using 225 tires. Sweet!

Are you using Outback sized tires 235/45/18 or 225/55/17? And any issues in the snow at that ride height? any concerns with the drivetrain with different sized adapters?

No, no and no

Do you think they'd rub with a wider tire? I'm looking at some 17x7" wheels with an et40 offset. So I think if I did my math right, the wheels outer edge will be just 4mm shy of the stis relative to the hub (not including spacer). But assuming your car has 215 section width tires on it, or something similar to the wheel width, I should be able to get a similar stance without spacers by using 225 tires. Sweet!

I'm running a 225 on an 8.5" wide wheel in those pics. I have also rolled my rear fenders.

A 7" wheel with a +13et would fit the same as my setup. To be safe i would run a 20mm spacer instead of a 23mm like myself.

You could probably run a 8" wide wheel with a 235 if you wanted. Target a +26 to +31 offset.

Well, I'm doing a budget winter wheel setup. I think I'm going to run motegi MR119s, and they're only available in 17x7 or 18x8. 17" winter tires are cheap used (and my brother has a set he'll sell me) 18s are not haha. I just did some more maths, and if we assume your 225 is 225 wide, then that divided by two for half the wheel is 112.5, then minus your offset 55, is 57.5, then plus your 23mm spacer is 80.5. So with my proposed setup, 225/2=112.5 minus the 40mm offset, becomes 72.5, so then that's just an 8mm difference, which in my silly American brain is about .3 of an inch, or about 1/4 of an inch. Therefore, pretty damn close, especially if you're recommending a 20mm spacer. I have a friend with a set of 17x7 et40 wheels/tires stored for winter, so I'll check the fit on those and see how it looks.

Made 348whp which is perfectly healthy for my setup. Intake temps were getting a bit too high so I need to upgrade to a fmic eventually.

When I build up my engine we'll start to lean on it, but I'm happy with this power for the time being.

... and I already broke an axle :'(

15660915872_590b2ce9b4_h.jpg

15490016599_d6847c5725_h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Made 348whp which is perfectly healthy for my setup. Intake temps were getting a bit too high so I need to upgrade to a fmic eventually.

When I build up my engine we'll start to lean on it, but I'm happy with this power for the time being.

If you do look for a fmic I was reading over on INVNO1's thread, he was able to do the Turbo XS fmic with no clearance issues for the stock fog lights if you want to keep it semi stealthy (not that I doubt you would have any problem getting something fabbed up custom for the car)

do you have issues with bumper melting with your exhaust setup?

Yes, I do.

If you do look for a fmic I was reading over on INVNO1's thread, he was able to do the Turbo XS fmic with no clearance issues for the stock fog lights if you want to keep it semi stealthy (not that I doubt you would have any problem getting something fabbed up custom for the car)

I saw that kit but I'm not interested in Turbo XS, they use a very poor quality taiwanese core.

I'll probably end up making my own, I have a spare Greddy core sitting in my pile of parts.

I saw that kit but I'm not interested in Turbo XS, they use a very poor quality taiwanese core.

I'll probably end up making my own, I have a spare Greddy core sitting in my pile of parts.

that's good to know about the Turbo XS stuff and I will keep that in mind when looking to upgrade for my car. Just need to learn how to tig weld and I will be set to fab up all kinds of goodies. lol I think the STI TMIC and manifold will work ok for though.

that's good to know about the Turbo XS stuff and I will keep that in mind when looking to upgrade for my car. Just need to learn how to tig weld and I will be set to fab up all kinds of goodies. lol I think the STI TMIC and manifold will work ok for though.

STi TMIC's are very good. Better than most aftermarket intercoolers on the market. If I could fit an STi intercooler on here easily and efficiently I would have done that.

STi TMIC's are very good. Better than most aftermarket intercoolers on the market. If I could fit an STi intercooler on here easily and efficiently I would have done that.

The guy I bought my 05 obxt off of did the STI tmic and metal manifold conversion on my motor when he rebuilt it. It fits pretty decent under the hood with the stock scoop. The only thing he had issues with from what I'm told is that most of the sensors need to be moved since they are in different locations. the guy I bought it from owns a shop here in Pennsylvania dealing in nothing but subarus.

The guy I bought my 05 obxt off of did the STI tmic and metal manifold conversion on my motor when he rebuilt it. It fits pretty decent under the hood with the stock scoop. The only thing he had issues with from what I'm told is that most of the sensors need to be moved since they are in different locations. the guy I bought it from owns a shop here in Pennsylvania dealing in nothing but subarus.

Oh nice. Yeah it's pretty straight forward to do, but a lot of work.

• 1 month later...
15653749429_0c9dee0c9f_b.jpg

15653900150_6b7b378aee_b.jpg

Car looks awesome. what exhaust is that?

what year STI intercooler will fit our OBXT's?

Car looks awesome. what exhaust is that?

Invidia Q300 for LGT, modified to fit OBXT.

Good god your cars are gorgeous sir.... That Lexus is a piece of art and it's awesome how much work you put into the outback. That's one hell of a garage you have.

Sexy Outback red.

Thanks! :)

Archived