LegacyGT.com

New (Old) Tuning Vendor - McDowell Performance Tuning

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah yeah (I kid I kid) :)

Your stage 3 tune has been fun. The 5th gen has the fastest spool, with a 20g turbo, compared to any other ej series engine I've seen, with similar mods. Looking forward to your logs

I just want to thank you guy's for the support and e-tunes. I've already renewed my vendor status and have really enjoyed the experience. McDowell Performance Tuning, LLC, isn't going away any time soon. If you are interested in getting a tune, for any year LGT, or turbo Subaru, we'd be happy to earn your business. We're also looking to get active on those with the 3.6R Legacy. Stay tuned ;)

Logan

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to leave a quick review as I just completed my Stage 2 E-tune on my 2012 Legacy GT. I had decided to use Mcdowell Subaru Performance Tuning because I liked how active, knowledgeable and helpful he is on the boards. My E-tune took a lot longer than it should of due to a boost leak I had going on in the car a few weeks into the E-tune. Logan was very quick and helpful in helping me locate the leak. Once I got it all fixed, we continued the E-tune and my car feels amazing. His response times are almost instant at times, never more than a couple of hours, and his responses were always filled with a wealth of information and tips. I feel like I may have been one of his most pain in the ass clients with all the questions and delays I had and he was always patient and willing to answer my questions with in-depth explanations. I would highly recommend his services to anyone looking to get tuned!!

I'd also like to say what a great experience I had with McDowell tuning. When I first purchased my car I had Logan do a stage 2 e-tune for me. He was very responsive and extremely knowledgeable. I think I typically had a response back from him in less than an hour as we worked through the tune. I would highly recommend McDowell Tuning and I appreciate the work that Logan did for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to thank everyone for the business! If you're looking for a tune for your LGT, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks everyone!

Logan

• 1 month later...

Alright everyone. We're back in Salt Lake and ready for more tuning! Let's get some e-tunes coming and get your baby running the way she should be! Contact me for a custom tune, for your car!

-Logan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Logan - I've sent a couple of people your way (NASIOC, FB, here).

Have you made progress on the 3.6Rs and had a chance to tune any yet?

Globally, we're struggling with getting proper control of the 2nd bank of cylinders.

There is good access to the extended SSM parameters for the 2nd bank, except for Fuel Injector #2 DC/PW/Latency (no ROMRaider or Ecutek definitions for these).

But not enough info to tune the various 2nd bank tables (some have been found, most undefined).

If you ever get some time and want to look into that for the 2010-2014 3.6Rs, that would be great. Maybe even some type of collaboration with Rob from AMR where you'd both benefit from cracking the H6?

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't had a lot of timing to look into delving deeper into the 3.6R tuning. I would love to look into it more if I get some more time. Very busy with this business and my day job. :(

Everyone, been extremely busy with my day job and am not able to hop on here as much as I'd like. If you need anything, please Email me. My forum activity has suffered from it. Thank you.

mcdowelltuning@gmail.com

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived