LegacyGT.com

JL Audio Amp question - CleanSweep install

PGT

Manville - do you have any idea of the enclosure volume possible with the side mount location you guys are working on? I am toying with a few ideas....I need anywhere from .75 -1.5 cu. feet. Seems about a cube from eyeballing it.

We ended up with 0.65 cu.ft. net but you can get more by letting it stick out a bit further. The 10W6v2 works perfectly in 0.65 cu.ft.

Manville,

What do you mean by "letting it stick out a bit further"? Mount the driver with a spacer or some sort?

I'm quite excited to hear about the development of this stealthbox. Keep us posted! :D

meaning, not quite flush with the wheel well. The space available with an enclosure that fits tight in the space is .65/cu. ft. Adding an inch or two to the depth (towards the center of the car) will add some displacement which may benefit the subs I am using.

meaning, not quite flush with the wheel well. The space available with an enclosure that fits tight in the space is .65/cu. ft. Adding an inch or two to the depth (towards the center of the car) will add some displacement which may benefit the subs I am using.

Hmm.. I am not sure if I understand the design of that enclosure. Its possible to modify the volume of the box? Or are you saying that if I was to theoretically make my own custom fiberglass box in the same location, I could get more than .65ft^2 if I had it stick out furtuer? The .65ft^2 is what JL achieved with a box that sat flush?

This is a sealed box right?

the prototype box that was made for Manville's car was .65 and sealed. My comment was based on building ithe enclosure myself (just make it bigger than they did), which I planned to do soon unless we get confirmation that a StealthBox will indeed be released (in which case, I will put my drivers on eBay to finance the purchase).

Is this space in the wagon similar in size/shape to the one in the sedan? I have never looked in the rear of the wagon, so I don't know what the space looks like. Hopefully this weekend I can get out and do some rough measurements of the space in my sedan to see if an enclosure there is feasible. Also, I am assuming that the (Manville's) enclosure could be moved to access the taillight bulb hatch.

Thanks,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Manville - I am having a hard time sourcing a JL master ground lug. Seems none of the local dealers sell it. Any recommendations? I know it's not necessary, but I like the concept and might as well pick it up to go with my evolving install.

Also - how many sq. feet of Dynamat do you think you used for your build? Any opinions on a circuit breaker up front vs. an ANL fuse?

Archived