LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

How did i miss this? Has anyone else seen this? http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8276

As soon as you do this and have a write up, I'll gladly put a link in the first post :lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a disturbance in the H6 force.... its strong and coming from somewhere near MA/CT.

forgetaboutit...;)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

:D:thumbup:

What kind of a dyno are you on? Your baseline seems low.

Some more information and walk through please. When we call up a tuner what do we ask them? What do they need to have to support romraider? What was done in the tune.

Write it up and we can link it!!!!!!!

Thanks!

What kind of a dyno are you on? Your baseline seems low.

3.6R Dyno Wars.

Ready....

Start!!

:lol:

Every dyno is different, what matters is the delta of the gains. Some dynos have free rollers, some have motors connected to the rollers that simulate road resistance, and all have a myriad of settings that can be changed that will result in drastic differences in numbers.

3.6R Dyno Wars.

Ready....

Start!!

:lol:

Every dyno is different, what matters is the delta of the gains. Some dynos have free rollers, some have motors connected to the rollers that simulate road resistance, and all have a myriad of settings that can be changed that will result in drastic differences in numbers.

Not at all. Just curious as to why his starting point seemed low. Either way, he made 30whp. That is great!

My dyno reads 4% higher than a mustang dyno, so if I take his 190whp, I'd be at 197.6whp. However, on my dyno, I did best of 204whp and worst of 197.4whp in stock form ( he has an exhaust mod).

Yes, they will read a bit different, and that is why it is important to always go back to the same dyno for before and after.

Like I said...either way, 30whp is great, and on a mustang dyno...even better.

ItalianLegacy...we need some more info when you have a chance. That is great news so far.

By the way, it looks like you gained about 25wtq. Seems like it went from 205 to about 230. But, it got extended way beyond the stock map. It's very nice and flat.

Edited by fredrik94087

About 150 for a few pulls or an hour to two of dyno time.

Usually another 100-200 for on-dyno tune.

Giovanni learned a very cool thing from the ESC guys today.

Turns out our cars are short of breath with the stock intake.

There is moarh powha to be had especially from 4K and up with the Takeda and/or another intake if they can flow moarh air the H6 wants.

Impressive gains and very similar torque and hp numbers to what I got, plus a much smoother mid-range torque, with less or almost no torque dip.

Seems like ESC can tune cam timing better than Visconti. I want!

Thanks for the comments but i dont kno much about what he did im still new to all this dyno stuff but once i go for retune with intake ill ask all the questions maybe even ask paul to chime in here on the forums. All i know is car was quick now its very quick :p

Can I use my EcuTek cables to flash my car with this tune, or does it require the Tactrix cables? Also, do you guys think I'm just wasting my time by not getting the tune done by a pro on a dyno?

Call eastcoastswappers.com

I know for sure it will work on a 2011 legacy 3.6

Here it is...

Thanks for the post, but those numbers at 2500 rpm are not to be trusted with our cars. If you look at my dynos at that rpm, I'm making more wtq than max torque at the crank as stated by the manufacturer.

It does look like you gain after the 5000 rpm. I see only a tiny bit of it, but it looks like the tune does better after that.

About 150 for a few pulls or an hour to two of dyno time.

Usually another 100-200 for on-dyno tune.

Giovanni learned a very cool thing from the ESC guys today.

Turns out our cars are short of breath with the stock intake.

There is moarh powha to be had especially from 4K and up with the Takeda and/or another intake if they can flow moarh air the H6 wants.

Impressive gains and very similar torque and hp numbers to what I got, plus a much smoother mid-range torque, with less or almost no torque dip.

Seems like ESC can tune cam timing better than Visconti. I want!

Perscitus, are you talking about more air with a stock map or more air with a tune? I'm curious if I should just ditch my original plan doing takeda "as intended" and just do the HKS funnel in addition to the takeda setup for a dyno run?

Call eastcoastswappers.com

I know for sure it will work on a 2011 legacy 3.6

Cool. So your tuner used EcuTek cables to do the flash? Can you ask him if he could do an etune and if it would be worth it without getting my car on a dyno?

Thanks for the post, but those numbers at 2500 rpm are not to be trusted with our cars. If you look at my dynos at that rpm, I'm making more wtq than max torque at the crank as stated by the manufacturer.

It does look like you gain after the 5000 rpm. I see only a tiny bit of it, but it looks like the tune does better after that.

Gotcha, but I wouldn't be surprised if Visconti didn't make my car slower on purpose. Last thing I heard from him, after several revisions was, "Sorry I can't make your car faster, but it's probably because it's not a turbo."