LegacyGT.com

Brighter headlights?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
every time i hit a part yard i check out the beamers for the headlights. ican usually find one side in decent shape, but i cant seem to find two matching to mess with. i do like their glass housings, one day ill find all the parts i need to make my own set up.

What's this about beamer headlights on a Subaru!?

Sidenote: My new headlights arrives & I installed them.

To my surprise, they came with bulbs! I'll keep them for now, but I'm going to put something brighter and of known reliability in (suggestions welcome).

The new headlights are WAAAAY brighter and more focused than my stock lights.

That being said, the adjustment knobs are torture on the fingers! They don't have a socket nut tip, just a finger adjustment. They're bloody hard to turn. I'm slowly aiming them, but I'll have to find a better way to turn them without stripping them. :S

Sidenote: My new headlights arrives & I installed them.

To my surprise, they came with bulbs! I'll keep them for now, but I'm going to put something brighter and of known reliability in (suggestions welcome)

My recommendation remains the same as what I suggested in post #2:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9007-X-treme-Power-Headlight/dp/B00480N16S/?tag=vglnkc6475-20]Amazon.com: Philips 9007 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive[/ame]

Stevo F says he bought a set. Perhaps he can offer his opinion as well.

My recommendation remains the same as what I suggested in post #2:

Amazon.com: Philips 9007 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

Stevo F says he bought a set. Perhaps he can offer his opinion as well.

I put them in last week. I'd say a little brighter than the originals but not a huge difference. Of course, I'm comparing that with my Corolla (different setup- has separate low & high beam bulbs- uses the 9006's)- those high beams make it look like daytime outside.

yeah, i'm not following but im interested!

Zeus, when the company that created the Morettes choose its glass projector light it selected to use the same Euro style German lights that BMW used with the 735i, 750iL, and some of the 5 series of the early-mid 90's. These Morettes originally sold for 600.00 back when they were first introduced. They are far superior over any headlights that you can bolt into the Legacy. They have the European-code pattern: ___/ ___/ where they angle up to the right. They are especially good for country driving where everything on the right of center would be lit up on low beams. Both lights in each frame are on when the high beams are engaged. And, if you should ship your car to a RHD country, the lights can be adjusted in the frames so that the beam pattern will go up on the left side on low beams.

Archived