LegacyGT.com

Snow Tires!!! I haven't found great info here yet

I used 225/45/17, no issues, OEM wheels, lowered on Epics.

I went 225 because I found a set of new winters for 89 bucks a tire at my local DT, and they knocked it down to 84 a tire. Couldn't argue with the price, so I snagged them.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Hakkapeliitta's were the go-to growing up in Maine.

+1.

I run studded Hakkas all winter up here in the Burlington VT area. Tough on the wallet up front but I don't regret them at all. They have definitely kept me out of some bad spots on more than one occasion. I run them in a 205/55/17 on my 05.

I think you could probably find several wholesalers/distributors locally if Tire Rack's inventory is still dodgy.

edit:

If you do much highway driving I would seriously consider something studded both for snowpack and because at higher speeds you need as much help as you can get since you run out of road a lot faster.

Tire Rack isn't the only game in town for tires. Start looking at some OTHER places and see what you can find. Discount Tire usually will beat Tire Rack if you show them their price, as well as many other tire places.

I do agree with the Generals though. I have had several sets of the Articmax and also the Ultimax tires over the years and they're simply good tires for cheap.

+1.

I run studded Hakkas all winter up here in the Burlington VT area. Tough on the wallet up front but I don't regret them at all. They have definitely kept me out of some bad spots on more than one occasion. I run them in a 205/55/17 on my 05.

A really key point here. If you have considerable snow driving time where you need a dedicated winter tire, narrower tires are actually better. Wide tires have to move/compact/plow more snow.

Ya I like those but I thought I'm supposed to put 215/45/17 on the 05lgt and they don't make them in that tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also use 205/50R17 and 225/45R17. If Tire Rack is out of inventory, you can check at tiresbyweb for what they have in stock.

Go on your local craigslist. I poked around on there, looks to be lots of them used. I always look for used tires, with a good inspection they'll run just fine (watch out for any issues that may turn a tire shop off from mounting them).

Archived