LegacyGT.com

Trouble with my Legacy Order

I ordered a Legacy GT Limited Wagon w/ manual (hence the need to order) over 3 weeks ago and now I am being told it will be another 4-5 weeks before I get my new ride. The excuse was there is not much demand for a manual wagon and the factory keeps pushing back production. Sounds like a load of BS to me. Has anyone else had this same experience? What are the chances the dealer actually recieved my car and sold it to a higher bidder? Needless to say I am pissed off. Anyone else had this kind of problem?

It took about 7 weeks for mine to come in. Be patient Leggup, I had to be. Dr. Zevil and I ordered on the same date and his has still yet to arrive, basically just a Limited version of mine, same as yours. It's new, as things get back in rythem and orders get caught up, I'm sure lead times will diminish.

[quote name='iamEJ25']when ou have to ORDER one, do they budge at all on the price?[/quote] They didn't budge much on my $$, at least compared to what I have heard others are buying theirs for off the lot.

It's typically 6 weeks from the time Subaru cuts off orders for a given month, usually sometime in the last week of a month. Add any time prior to that for when you placed your order and you should have a reasonable estimate. Also, keep in mind that SIA is shutting down for two weeks for an overhaul, I believe this month. I think the manual wagon story is just an excuse for not knowing anything better. I ordered a 5EAT wagon and it took about 7 weeks too. Ken

I am about 1.5 weeks into my wait. Plan on calling the dealer on Friday to check in. I was told ~6 weeks for delivery. VIP got me the car for invoice.... even with ordering it...

When I bought my Legacy GT Limited wagon with a manual there was one in the entire Baltimore area, and none on the computer listed as arriving within the next couple of weeks. Dealership had to trade another dealer for it. In the month I've had it the dealership hasn't had another manual limited wagon yet. So it may be true.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Ordering is the best way to get a good price- they barely have to worry about the car hanging around and it's sold. Also, my car came in about 3.5 weeks.

[quote name='Leggup']My dealer gave me a VON but was unable to tell me what that is (maybe I picked the wrong dealer!). Anybody know what a VON is?[/quote] I have no idea: Vehicle Order Number? an invoice for a BTO (build to order), or something. Vertical Ostritch Neck? :P Sounds odd to me.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got a VON number today...not even a VIN. I also got a control number, and code number (whatever those are). Anyway, I ordered a new LGT sedan on July 12th...almost a month ago...and still NO idea as to when it will be delivered. It would be nice if the dealer/salesman would actually call once in a while, to keep me updated...but I suppose they really don't care, once the initial sales order has been written. good luck, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']I just got a VON number today...not even a VIN. I also got a control number, and code number (whatever those are). Anyway, I ordered a new LGT sedan on July 12th...almost a month ago...and still NO idea as to when it will be delivered. It would be nice if the dealer/salesman would actually call once in a while, to keep me updated...but I suppose they really don't care, once the initial sales order has been written. good luck, i.[/quote] July 10th here, told two weeks. Still waiting, no numbers yet. I was told again 1-2 weeks when I called this weekend.

man, I feel your pain. Meanwhile, I was speaking to the salesman, and all he had to say was...well, we are still waiting, blah blah, and by the way, I took one of the cars home for the weekend, and BOY was the thing fast...and it sticks to the road...etc.etc. Man, it's bad enough that I haven't received my car, but to throw salt upon injury is not my idea of FUN!!! :evil: Oh well, guess I will have to wait another couple of weeks. later, i.

I ordered my sedan GT 3 weeks ago and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I got lucky, they were mentioning something about their allocation for the month that I could get it soon if its available. They were giving me priority they said, beacause this is the third subaru being bought from them in a span of a year.

I am 5 weeks into my wait and my salesman told me that the car is "on the pipeline report" and is slated for an Aug. delivery. But they don't know when in August.... Oh well.... some news is better than no news.... I feel for some of you guys....

Archived