LegacyGT.com

2006 GT clutch problems

Hey guys. i was driving down the road the other day and i believe my clutch went...typical white smoke blowing out the exhaust and all i could smell was my clutch. the weird thing is that i can start my car when it is in first when pushing in the clutch and it doesnt jump or anything. i can also shift through all the gears when its parked. the big problem is that my car doesnt move:mad:. can somebody tell me what it might be?

You can always move through the gears when the car is off, good or bad clutch. Why would your car jump in first if you start it with the clutch pushed in? You should be able to start in whatever gear you want with the clutch pushed in and all the car should do it start. White smoke out exhaust would be engine problems, like headgasket, smoke coming from just under the car would/could be clutch.

I can move through the gears when the car is on. And when I let the clutch out nothing happens.

Is there any change in engine rpm? Can you explain more about how you were driving it when this happened. (fully engaged, shifting gears, driving aggressivly etc...)

The clutch smell is distinct so I don't doubt you smelled it (unless you don't know the smell) If you were in forward motion it would appear the smoke was coming form the tail pip vs under the car.

For the clutch to just give out like that, either it was having problems to begin with and it is completely glazed or something has snapped.

Please provide more details so we can figure it out...

It has 57k on it and I wasnt driving it hard at all. It has about 320 lbs of torqure so I'm guessing it was a stock clutch. Dealer said it was a stage 2 clutch. Is there any way I can make the dealer pay for it because I bought it a week ago.

It has 57k on it and I wasnt driving it hard at all. It has about 320 lbs of torqure so I'm guessing it was a stock clutch. Dealer said it was a stage 2 clutch. Is there any way I can make the dealer pay for it because I bought it a week ago.

I would certainly take it back to the dealer and tell them that it simply went. I believe there is an implied warranty by law, at least in most states, and they should be liable to take care of it. You may want to chat with an attorney if they give you any grief but if the dealership is an honest business, I'm sure they'll do what they have to.

Good luck with it.

Hello again. Sadly in new york a clutch is considered normal wear and tear so it looks like I'm buying a new one myself. Anybody have know how good a stage 2 SPEC clutch is? Also, what's a cheap and durable flywheel? Would a ACT for a wrx work fine?

Just wanted to give an update and say thanks to everyone for helping me out. I have to buy the clutch myself but the dealer is buying me an aftermarket flywheel and is giving me dirt cheap labor for around here. Looks like its not all lost hope. Soon the beast will be back on the road just in time for a snow storm.

Just wanted to give an update and say thanks to everyone for helping me out. I have to buy the clutch myself but the dealer is buying me an aftermarket flywheel and is giving me dirt cheap labor for around here. Looks like its not all lost hope. Soon the beast will be back on the road just in time for a snow storm.

Glad to hear he's working with you :cool:

Archived