LegacyGT.com

Intake option: No aftermarket support my arse!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take it in for the tune in a few days. Yes MAF and turbo xs RFL. Why? Because sweet sounds that's

why.

The sound is pretty awesome. Even if I'm making 2 less HP, the sound alone is worth it until I get the tune.

I just bought the Cobb air box and I'm fairly certain I can get it to work with our reverse intake piping......with some modding of course. I'm totally going all Army pathfinder on this one. PIA in Tacoma is gonna help me out. Also just got wheels powder coated satin black, front lip, and ravspec side skirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sure it sounds neat but you still have a MAF and it's still going to inject fuel for air that it's expecting to be recirculated. This is going to happen regardless of whatever tuning is done. Converting to SD is the only proper way to run a 100% atmospheric BOV.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping the thread, look what I just found while browsing eBay...

Its on the way-too-much-for-a-piece-of-cf-look-plastic side, and not too different from out stock intakes + HKS funnel or Brainchild's current setup (including full HKS intake), but still seems cool and would be great if some vendor states-side would copy the design and create a mold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CS-Racing-CARBON-INTAKE-COLD-AIR-BOX-KIT-for-subaru-Legacy-BR9-BM9-/121170018140?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ALegacy&hash=item1c364bbf5c&vxp=mtr

Yeah, that's been on there for a while. They probably havent sold a single one for that price. Lol!
Lol, yep. Instead of REEL carbon fiber they should've just used FAKE plastic and offer it for $100/150.

Holy shit! $1380 for that damn thing.

Yup, crazy.

Looks like a knock off of the syms airbox. I like the look though, I'd just spring for the real deal at that price.
Same here, I think its a good design and idea but wish it was cheaper. Thx for the info on the syms airbox, never seen that one before... until now.

^^I would be willing to come up that way, PM me with what you are thinking about and when. The wife and I could do a little get-away for a few days.

I usually need the car for a few 4-6-hour prototyping sessions over the course of 2-4 weeks. Not sure if that would work with you being in Bay Area.

I usually need the car for a few 4-6-hour prototyping sessions over the course of 2-4 weeks. Not sure if that would work with you being in Bay Area.

I think we may be able to work something out. PM me. Going up there 2x of the course of a month is not a big deal.

I have a pretty good understanding of what you would be trying to accomplish, so lets talk. I can take pictures and measurements for you ahead of time to try to help you get stuff prepped to reduce your prototyping time.

DO IT DO IT DO IT GTEASER. And KSTech, thanks for stepping in with the offer!

Would be great to have something USDM. Ideally stock MAF, but also supporting SD for tuned friends.

And maybe the airbox could be designed for 2.5i, GT and 3.6R with different piping options based on the engine platform.

Would be great to have something USDM. Ideally stock MAF, but also supporting SD for tuned friends.

That's what KSTech did for me with my intake. Had them put the correct maf for our car in the short ram intake. Had to get my fabricator to make the block off plate though so adding that to the options would be a plus.

Any KSTech intake can be ordered without a MAF flange for SD tuning (and it saves $40 too). Also Grimmspeed makes a block-off plate for the older larger Denso MAF sensor, and Cobb makes one for the newer smaller Denso MAF sensor (used on the 5th gen. LGT).

And maybe the airbox could be designed for 2.5i, GT and 3.6R with different piping options based on the engine platform.
Not a bad idea.

I also have my eye on the upcoming 2015 WRX, because it looks like it may use the same intake as the 5th gen. Legacy GT.

Joe,

Keep in mind you'll need to have a WBo2 sensor installed with an altered intake. Not trying to be a downer; aftermarket intake is great when you are beyond stage 2. Up to that point, it sounds nice, but you'll have to have your MAF scaled, to ensure proper afr numbers (along with the mentioned WBo2 sensor).

Again, not saying it's a bad thing, but not a lot to gain with a stage 1 set up. just keep that in mind with your tuner and I'm sure he can help you with that. You are probably the closest 5th gen LGT, so it could be worth the effort just to keep more mods coming in for our cars :)

Thanks Logan!! I will keep that in mind. I wasn't expecting any gains from an intake with Stage1 but since this is the first day that an intake has been mentioned and it really wasn't factored into my mod path, I am trying to soak in the info and how it may alter my mod path.

The list of mods is long. :redface: Trying to have everything in place as I go, in little steps. If not installed, items will be sitting in the garage ready to go for when tunes need to happen beyond Stage1.

Wideband is on my list, but now I think it has moved up a couple notches. :lol:

And I am going to help as much as possible when it comes to the development of new products to our platform.

Archived