LegacyGT.com

What hose is this?

What hose is this? No auto parts place around me can find it, not even the subi dealer. It comes off the bottom of the resivoir above the turbo and runs to a metal line behind the intake that I believe runs to the water pump. Does anyone know? I'm at a loss and need to get this car running. 2005 legacy gt 2.5 turbo/auto. Thanks for any help

Best guess.

Its the coolant hose that attaches a the bottom of the coolant tank next to the turbo and clamps onto a black cross-pipe which runs across the block under the manifold connecting to other cooling areas like the throttle body, etc

This. I just can't find one to replace it. Its I'm to tight of an area to just make one out of straight hose

If I recall correctly, you can use a staight hose. It'll just kink because it has bends very close to the turbo inlet.

I'd just go to the dealer. Pull up a diagram of the coolant tank and grab the part number for bottom hose.

Tried the dealer and they sent a picture to Subaru america to try and figure out what it is. This is starting to frustrate me as the car has been down for weeks over a rubber hose.

Muffler bearing oil injector pump hose......Vital......:iam:

This get's my vote, after all, he has two mini-vans. He must know what he's talking about...:lol:

:hide:

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This get's my vote, after all, he has two mini-vans. He must know what he's talking about...:lol:

:hide:

You JUUUSSSTTTTT can't leave it alone, can you? Nope...You gotta KEEP diggin on deeper and deeper......

smackmaxcapacityrightontheforeheadHARD

:lol:

Item # 3 is what I posted the part # for. Based on the info the OP gave, that's what I went with.

Let's see what he says.

Dude, I feel like a noob.

I totally blew by yours and Gex's posts, hahaha!!!

I just look up the PN's myself as well. Been burned a couple times and learned my lesson.

The parts counter tried telling me my car didn't have the half moons when I did my VCG.

:rolleyes:

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

No worries. I had a feeling you may have missed a post or two :)

Like all things, there are really good parts guys, then there are the ones that you want to throw parts at their heads.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived