LegacyGT.com

Idle low and stalling

I swear this car is starting to fall apart on me. Recently my car has developed a low idle and has gotten to the point of stalling when first moving it. It seems to be getting worse as it gets colder outside. Today it threw a cel for bank 2 running too rich. I have an aftermarket intake and exhaust and the car has 125000 miles on it. Been reading a few threads on here trying to narrow down what it can be but i don't really know where to go with this. Any ideas of what this could be? It only seems to stall the first time you stop after starting the car but when it warms up and drives for a little that goes away. It still has a rough idle and I can feel the shake inside the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for air leaks, especially around bank 1, and do a data log to see what figures you have.

Also clean MAF, make sure the PCV works and that the intake area is clean - fresh air filter among other things.

It can also be a bad O2 or MAF sensor, but without a data log it's hard to determine.

When you did get the CEL - did you get Freeze Frame data too? That can also provide some additional info.

453747.png

If you haven't replaced the black o-rings with the orange ones like he ^ said do that first.

Then bank 2 may be a rear O2 sensor issue.

What was the CEL code ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Look for air leaks, especially around bank 1, and do a data log to see what figures you have.

Also clean MAF, make sure the PCV works and that the intake area is clean - fresh air filter among other things.

It can also be a bad O2 or MAF sensor, but without a data log it's hard to determine.

When you did get the CEL - did you get Freeze Frame data too? That can also provide some additional info.

When I do the data log what exactly should I be looking at? And what range should I be in.

Have you checked all your vacuum lines?

The near stall idle and too rich CEL is prime indicators of a vac line that has popped off.

I don't think it's a vacuum line because it doesn't do it all the time. Only when it's colder then 40 or so. Warmer then that and it's completely fine

Is it only when the engine is cold? How is it when it is up to temp?

Check your intake manifold gaskets. They are orange rubber o-rings.

Yes it's only when I first get moving and then stop. Once the car gets warm and to normal operating temperature it's completely fine

When I do the data log what exactly should I be looking at? And what range should I be in.

Do the log - look at the tuning section, include both O2 sensors, MAF, MAP, throttle position, rpm etc. Post it here.

But check the manifold seals, they are definitely suspect items at this stage.

453747.png

Archived