LegacyGT.com

NanoTech Lubricants Oil Additive Review

There's actually two guys waiting to use it in their 3.0R Legacy's. One is gonna order on Monday and the other has it in their possession but waiting on engine work involving valves and springs. I can have him pop on and report his results.

It might be a good idea to move this to a more General chat because it's probably gonna start crossing different Legacy gens but I can't even think where a good place would be.

The cost, I don't think anyone has actually seen zero improvement in MPG. For me right now, I'm probably gonna run a 7500 mile OCI. Let's say that 7500 miles at avg of 20MPG $2.69/gallon 93 Octane = $1,008.75.

If you gain 2MPG on AVG that's $917.05.

The extra 2MPG over the course of 7500 is already worth it. It paid for itself and then some.

M3Man for your LGT, that's $504.37 at 20MPG and $458.52 at 22MPG at 3750 miles.

Perscitus, how has it effected the performance of the turbo in your brothers WRX?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to bump this up. I recalled the 3.0 statement and now that I have one I've been contiplating some type of additive to help with longevity.

Switching to Eneos oil here soon and then going to send off some tests.

How's things holding up?

I actually switched to Motul 300V about a year ago and stopped the Nanotech additive. I've found similar results with it (smooth engine revving, especially rev-match downshift.) Given 300V is about $12 a quart it'd be crazy to spend another $40 on top of that. Also, my Blackstone labs came back with good results at 5k miles of spirited driving.

Motul, Eneos, Castrol, Shell, etc. all good stuff.

There are also a handful of no-name oils with nano-additives already part of the blend

that have started popping up in stores and online.

The furthest I've gone on a single OC was 10K (with nanotech).

Blackstone OSA came back with flying colors.

Brother's aging 2015 WRX @ Stage 2+ has been running with the additive since 5-7 miles on the ODO.

4 years later its still running strong, turbo doing great, clean OSAs @ 3.5-5K per OCI.

Archived