LegacyGT.com

NanoTech Lubricants Oil Additive Review

Glad to hear it JT! Same exact experience here.

Four cars now (early 90s Peugeot 205 diesel, early 00s BMW X5, 2010 Legacy and 2015 WRX) all going strong.

Plus this weekend - 36' sailboat 1 cylinder diesel engine (getting the racing motorcycle blend treatment).

I was hoping to see more reviews - good, bad, ugly.

GB members, yes - I'm looking @ you! Fess up.

Only you can prevent Nanotech flame war fires.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear it JT! Same exact experience here.

Four cars now (early 90s Peugeot 205 diesel, early 00s BMW X5, 2010 Legacy and 2015 WRX) all going strong.

Plus this weekend - 36' sailboat 1 cylinder diesel engine (getting the racing motorcycle blend treatment).

I was hoping to see more reviews - good, bad, ugly.

GB members, yes - I'm looking @ you! Fess up.

Only you can prevent Nanotech flame war fires.

Wish I could say it helped. At about 4300 miles since my last oil change, I've already added one quart at around 2800mi and now I'm down again almost 3/4qt.

• 2 months later...

Bump on this.

So last oil change, I did not add the third bottle.

I can say idle is quite rough now.

No real difference in mpg noted although it's up and down depending on how I'm pushing the pedal.

I just checked my oil today and it was still at ~90% full. It's been 3000 miles since my last OC (Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w30) and this was the 2nd time that I had added the NanoTech. I think the longest I had gone prior to using it without having to add a Liter of oil was only about 4000 miles, so it seems that the NanoTech may have helped with my oil consumption.

• 2 months later...
Wow healing juices for engines. So each bottle rejuvinates all the metal stuffs and is like a forcefield with ******* lazers and shit aws9me. Sign me up.

Before using the Nanotech I was adding 1L every ~3000mi. After using it I was only down 1/2L ~6000mi, so I would say it works. However, it comes down to adding 1 bottle of Nanotech @ every oil change (~7500mi) for $30 vs adding 1L of let's say Motul 5w30 in between oil chages for $8. As long as you're diligent about checking your oil level, I think the Motul wins.

For now order online or by phone/email only @ Nanotech Lubricants LLC website.

Its likely we'll see this additive worked into big name brand oil blends or used by fleet companies and race teams before it goes prime time and sell @ say Autozone/AdvanceAP/PepBoys/Napa or Wall-mart and Target.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I decided to resurrect this thread from the dead.

I'm now about 5200 miles into my oil change with using the Nanotech additive. I must say, it's been working quite well. I've driven roughly 1000 miles in the last week and my oil level has barely moved. The engines been running happily, noticeably quieter at idle and has been performing better. Pretty certain I'll send a sample in to Blackstone labs here when I'm close to 6k miles to see how it's doing.

Thanks for the feedback Tim.

I've been using the additive with each oil change for the past (?) 30K miles on the Legacy and 15K miles on the WRX. Zero issues, no oil burn/loss, Blackstone OSA results always come back great. Blackstone suggested an OCI of 7.5K on the Legacy, but I'm sticking with my usual 5K.

• 3 months later...

Quick update for anyone looking to order Nanotech's additive now (Q3/4 2016)

Nanotech is moving warehouses, but can and should still be reached directly:

http://www.nanotechlubricantsinc.com/Auto_Engine_Oil_Additive.html

Michael Markowitz

Email: info 'at' nanotechlubricantsinc.com

Direct line: (Eight four seven) 372-5453

They have also signed a distribution deal and will be available locally at Grainger centers around the country.

Thanks. I guess since I'm already spending around $50 per oil change ($20-30 for the oil, $20 labor + tax), another $20-30 might be worth it, if it saves some oil between changes, and improves other things..

If they could get the cost of this down to $10/bottle, I'd do it for sure. $20/bottle, maybe..

I feel it's definitely worth it. The engine runs so much better, revs quicker, increase in power (although not sure how much) but it's enough that over a span of a few hundred miles it gets quicker. The cars quieter at idle and oil, it's been taking a beating lately and I haven't seen it over 217F. Typically averages about 208F on a daily basis.

Quick update for anyone looking to order Nanotech's additive now (Q3/4 2016)

Nanotech is moving warehouses, but can and should still be reached directly:

http://www.nanotechlubricantsinc.com/Auto_Engine_Oil_Additive.html

Michael Markowitz

Email: info 'at' nanotechlubricantsinc.com

Direct line: (Eight four seven) 372-5453

They have also signed a distribution deal and will be available locally at Grainger centers around the country.

How much is it going for these days?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived