LegacyGT.com

NanoTech Lubricants Oil Additive Review

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep a 24 oz bottle of the Lucas fuel additive in the trunk and through 4oz in ever few tankfuls. Use it to keep the injectors happy since they are at >90% duty cycle @ WOT.
I do the exact same thing. Respect.

Got this in the mail today. Have a storm rolling in so will wait a few days to start a very subjective set of observations.
Great! Use my steps to add the stuff after an oil change. Don't be discouraged by how it looks. And most important of all, give it a good shake before pouring in. Its good to the last drop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Met up with Perscitus on Saturday and I did my oil change yesterday with Rotella & Purolator oil filter. I added the additive after letting my car run for 10 mins this morning. Then off to work I went (40 mils).

First Impression:

I can honestly say that everything did feel smoother. From the moment I got to my first light (about a quarter mile). Since I went stage 1, I had felt a very very slight difference when i idled. Just a slight vibration. I didn't feel it at all this morning and once I got on the highway the car felt like it was coasting. I wish there was a better way for me to explain it, but the drive just felt smoother from start to stop.

I have definitely become a believer and will use this probably every other oil change or so.

Thx Jorge. Exactly what you should be seeing initially - as the additive works its way throughout the engine and turbo and over the next 100 miles and beyond, you should also notice increased power, better throttle response, and a cooler running turbo/engine.

I have yet to submit mine. It will be going out to Blackstone in another month or so.

2nd oil change with nanotech, almost 8K miles and no oil loss/burn on my 3.6R.

Earlier I had to add about a quart in-between oil changes.

There's no reason an additive won't work. Heck, that is what oil manufacturers do to their own product. They put in different additive packages and formulations for different needs. Some are high mileage additives, resistance to breakdown, viscosity, etc.

It would be great if there was something that worked.

Oui hmmrdwn, the key difference with this one is its not chemical in nature, does not alter the properties of base oil. Its mechanical and only needs the stock oil as carrier. The NDDs in their carbon graphite shells are suppoaed to bond with and alter the friction characteristics of metal surfaces of our engine internals.

There's no reason an additive won't work. Heck, that is what oil manufacturers do to their own product. They put in different additive packages and formulations for different needs. Some are high mileage additives, resistance to breakdown, viscosity, etc.

It would be great if there was something that worked.

There are a lot of reasons any one additive may "work". There are a lot of reasons dumping random things into your oil as an additive might not work. Hence the interest in blackstone results.

There are a lot of reasons any one additive may "work". There are a lot of reasons dumping random things into your oil as an additive might not work. Hence the interest in blackstone results.

Yeah, that is why I mentioned that in post #3. This product is totally different, but I remember "Motor Honey", which was basically a super thick oil to increase viscosity and decrease oil burning. Didn't do anything to your engine, but would decrease oil consumption. A blackstone analysis could show high iron, aluminum or other metals if it was in fact polishing. The negative aspect to polishing with a fluid is that the fluid indescriminately polishes all bearing metals...not just one that are noisy or rough. Metal surface coatings should indicate less iron or other metals in the oil analysis.

I'm due for an oil change at the end of the month and I will be sending a sample to Blackstone pre-additive. Then I'll be introducing the NanoTech for the first time and plan to do another Blackstone analysis post-additive. Obviously, it'll be 3-4 months in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the oil changed. Will put the first additive in later tonight after rush hour.

** So I put in the additive and went for 40 min drive(46km about 28 miles) at the end of rush hour traffic. Most of it was spent on the highway, speeds vary from 80km/h to 120+km/h. I just had my car tuned, so right now I can't tell if the additive is making a difference on idling and responsiveness. I will update if I notice less oil consumption, which is the main reason I purchased it for.

• 2 weeks later...

its been over a 100 miles now with the additive. Seems smoother and quieter. Car is louder in the cold anyways. Will know better after next month oil change.

The only thing I hear now is my konis hitting every pothole on my street

• 2 weeks later...

Blackstone Labs oil report is in.

Looks great to me and Blackstone! Suggested change interval has been bumped to 5.5-6K miles (from current 3.5-4K I've been following).

Almost 50K miles on the ODO

0.0 quarts of oil burned/added since first Nanotech use (2 oil changes and 8K miles ago)

Capture.thumb.JPG.4bcc3542c034ace86b86735c9eeb98f5.JPG

After studying some nanotechnology stuff I would assume the DNDs just fill in the nanometer-sized surface imperfections which would cause the surface to have a more 'polished' appearance at the microscopic scale.

I'm going to get a hold of some to test in my EJ25 (~170K miles).

Archived