LegacyGT.com

Question about my son's totaled 98 legacy GT

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol Monkey, you just need to quit while your behind buddy.

Silver, I understand, but it's the internet. Don't knock him just yet, as he can be very helpful and does contribute a lot.

Now, before this goes any further, I say we move on and get back on topic.

Okay I'm game F the monkey LOL let's play.!

Let's get this car fixed after all this is our passion right!

Okay I'm game F the monkey LOL let's play.!

Let's get this car fixed after all this is our passion right!

I'm a little surprised, kinda seems like he can dish it, but not take it. I could be wrong. But I've given 24 hours for a response monkey likes to talk smack I was just trying to play along.

Pictures to follow as soon as they finish loading my son's wrecked car and the outback I bought today.:spin:

I had a '99 Outback Limited up until last month. I spent the summer parting it out and then scrapped the whole thing. I wish I could have kept it, but the cost of storing it until I could actually fix the transmission or swap it was what kept me from fixing it up and driving it.

:p

I had a '99 Outback Limited up until last month. I spent the summer parting it out and then scrapped the whole thing. I wish I could have kept it, but the cost of storing it until I could actually fix the transmission or swap it was what kept me from fixing it up and driving it.

Kenny were you able to access the pics?

I was!

I know those were great pics of the outback. But the way the LGT held up after rolling end over end basically you can see why I won't put my son in anything but a Subaru. When he buys his own cars he can make his own decision he really covets my 87 325 IC not gonna happen. LOL

I know those were great pics of the outback. But the way the LGT held up after rolling end over end basically you can see why I won't put my son in anything but a Subaru. When he buys his own cars he can make his own decision he really covets my 87 325 IC not gonna happen. LOL

Sorry that was supposed to say they weren't great pics of the outback.

too bad youre not closer to AZ, id love to get those passenger doors off the GT.

id also love to swap my wagon to a 5mt instead of the 4eat. looks like you have a decent project on your hands, not too hard but will be time consuming for the boy.

too bad youre not closer to AZ, id love to get those passenger doors off the GT.

id also love to swap my wagon to a 5mt instead of the 4eat. looks like you have a decent project on your hands, not too hard but will be time consuming for the boy.

Thanks for your comment that's the whole point is to have him have some skin in the game after screwing up like he did he'll be 18 in February on going to have him hitch rides with his buddies till at least then. He also has friends whose fathers have indoor shops with lifts, and they have promised to help so we will see.

If you're interested in those doors I could find out how much shipping would be probably have to put each one on a skid.

Weil he's going to be happy about that because he wants a five speed. His buddies are gonna help him install it I've been looking at the sticky's today for info to help with the swap any direction you can point me I would be very appreciative, thanks again

this is the post that made me think he wanted to swap in the 5MT...

i think you should still do it

Thanks for your comment that's the whole point is to have him have some skin in the game after screwing up like he did he'll be 18 in February on going to have him hitch rides with his buddies till at least then. He also has friends whose fathers have indoor shops with lifts, and they have promised to help so we will see.

If you're interested in those doors I could find out how much shipping would be probably have to put each one on a skid.

i imagine those doors would be a couple hundie to ship this far, especially on a couple skids. im a broke dad this year, just replaced an engine and stuff on one kids cars, and my twins have been wreaking havoc on the other cars, just wracking up the bills. two doors on the GT wiped out by one, the other bumped into a firebird so im paying for that as well. now one got a ticket for running a red light camera. these kids need to start paying up so i can get my cars fixed! im about ready to make them walk until then.

i imagine those doors would be a couple hundie to ship this far, especially on a couple skids. im a broke dad this year, just replaced an engine and stuff on one kids cars, and my twins have been wreaking havoc on the other cars, just wracking up the bills. two doors on the GT wiped out by one, the other bumped into a firebird so im paying for that as well. now one got a ticket for running a red light camera. these kids need to start paying up so i can get my cars fixed! im about ready to make them walk until then.

I told you man, tough love lol

this is the post that made me think he wanted to swap in the 5MT...

i think you should still do it

From post #1:

I've found a donor car it's a 97 outback, but it's a five speed my son's GT was an auto

New Outback is already a 5 speed. Old wrecked GT is auto.

Pretty sure he meant his buddies are gonna help him swap the engine.

I was confused too.

Archived