LegacyGT.com

Tuners in Idaho/Utah??

badlgt

Hello. New to Subaru. I understand these cars need tuning after about every mod. My legacy is currently stg 2 cobb ots conservative tune.

It runs really good for just basic bpu's. The PO told me it has a conservative tune and could really benefit from a "pro-tune". I think I'll wait until I have the parts to go stg 3 before a dyno tune, but in the meantime I want to figure out where I should take it... I came across an ad on KSL for a shop called "The Racing Edge" in SLC That claims to have tuned 100's of subarus along with many others. They have a 4 wheel dyno and everything so right now that's looking like the best somewhat close place...

Any suggestions?

We have a couple of tuners in SLC that post regularly in the Utah threads if you want to do a road tune. FNP_Tuning and 311Logan311. These guys can probably get you tuned on a dyno too if that's what you're looking for. I think some guys around here would recommend ZipTie DynoWerks. I'm not sure about The Racing Edge but I think that's where Richard Gibby is a tuner who has a reputation around here although I don't know much about whether it's a good rep in the Legacy community or not. Hopefully some of the guys more "in the know" will chime in about that. If you can't make it to Salt Lake and you can't find someone local there, you're probably going to want to check into an eTune. I don't think you could go wrong with Infamous or Cryo who is in the Denver area and I hear good things about (see his threads here in the MW forum). Congrats on the new LGT and welcome!

ZipTie Dynowerks are Cobb pro tuners. its 400 for the tune and 100 for the pre dyno inspection. Includes boost leak testing and compression testing. you also leave with 4 maps to choose from an fuel economy, depending on car 16 psi 18 psi 20 psi.

You can get an etune from myself or the other tuners mentioned. You can PM me, or another tuner if you'd like. open source tuning is also available. The OTS maps are usually not the best. They tend to be overly aggressive with the timing, surprisingly, among other issues.

As mentioned there are other options. I just wouldn't keep an OTS tune with the options out there.

Logan

You can get an etune from myself or the other tuners mentioned. You can PM me, or another tuner if you'd like. open source tuning is also available.

Logan

Did you decide to become a authorized vendor on lgt then? If so congrats.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Be careful soliciting business before paying for vendor status, gotta make sure your approved by the site before promoting yourself as a vendor. Would hate for your to get in trouble for not contributing to the site like myself and the other vendors have.

When you coming to co?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived