LegacyGT.com

Looks like Tribeca is done.

hmmrdwn

I don't think you'll see "adult-sized" 3rd row seating. That's not a typical criteria in anything but the largest SUVs - think Suburban, or Excursion for adult-sized seating. Just watched a review on the 2014 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Highlander, 2014 Durango, and 2014 Infinity QX80 and the QX80 was the only who's 3rd row seating might qualify as adult-sized. And it's huge.

That said, I could still be surprised. Pretty much agree with everything else except I want to see something in the 5-5.5K LB tow capacity. The 2013 Highlander AWD is rated, with it's 3.7L V6, at 5,500 LBS, so what's the limiting factor for Subaru's 3.6L H6?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not disagreeing with you on 3rd row seats. What I was trying to convey is that I'd like to see something more comfortable for an adult passenger in 3rd row. I do not expect a full sized seat there such as 2nd row seats. May be the seating position will correct the discomfort for adults there.

Kids love it though.

EDIT: I also do not tow anything other than a bike rack so hard for me to comment on that with any authority.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I don't think you'll see "adult-sized" 3rd row seating. That's not a typical criteria in anything but the largest SUVs - think Suburban, or Excursion for adult-sized seating. Just watched a review on the 2014 Range Rover Sport, 2013 Highlander, 2014 Durango, and 2014 Infinity QX80 and the QX80 was the only who's 3rd row seating might qualify as adult-sized. And it's huge.

That said, I could still be surprised. Pretty much agree with everything else except I want to see something in the 5-5.5K LB tow capacity. The 2013 Highlander AWD is rated, with it's 3.7L V6, at 5,500 LBS, so what's the limiting factor for Subaru's 3.6L H6?

The lambda platform triplets, Acadia, Enclave, and Traverse all have a third row that is suitable for adults. They're not exactly Suburbans. The Nissan Pathfinder is also suitable but not as roomy as the lambda triplets. I haven't had a chance to look at the Highlander's 3rd row but if it's anything like the previous generation, they might as well be the Mitsubishi's and Kia's thrid row that are pathetic even for children.

The new Hyundai Sante Fe's third row is barely enough even with it's "extended wheelbase" compared to the sport version but it's not as bad as Mitsubishi's third row.

http://www.trueconsumerreviews.com/attribute/335/334//

I guess at this stage of my life, when I think of adult-sized seat comfort, i think in terms of short-distance (stop and go, hiking into and out of the car), i.e., shopping, theater, hunting, boating, etc., or a longer-distance vacation trip, with 7 adults sans children.

There's a point where these seats either make the grade or they don't and the headroom, feet and knee room doesn't turn you into a contortionist and you just have to grin and bear it.

The other consideration for me, is that by the time you add in 7 adults, you've also dropped your towing capacity as well. The boat we're looking at tows at 4,000 LBS all-up. So a vehicle with a 5,000 LB tow capacity, and 700-1200 LBS of adults in it, has a safe-tow capacity of 3,800 to 4,300 LBS, respectively, the first under what we would need, the second, just barely enough.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
I would like the following to be kept/improved upon:

- interior design;

- second row to be movable/flat foldable;

- third row to be flat foldable;

- roof vents for AC;

- separate AC fan/unit for 2nd/3rd row;

- keep perforated leather;

- handling and braking(thank you Subaru!);

- sunroof;

- rear-view camera with guide lines;

- improved noise insulation;

- cell phone integration standard(BT, streaming);

- 18 inch wheels.

The following I would like to improved a lot/redesigned:

- 3rd row seats have to be comfortable for adults(it's kids place right now);

- bit more storage behind 3rd row;

- rear-view mirrors to be bigger for US(EDM was getting post-07 mirrors from the beginning);

- HIDs with leveling to be an option in US(again, EDM was getting them from the beginning);

- separate temp settings for rear passengers;

- option to sync temp settings for HVAC between driver/passenger/rear(copy from Toyota);

- bigger gas tank;

- regular gas for the engine;

- HT CVT or 5/6 speed auto with proper programming for spirited driving;

- DI 6 cyl engine, with hybrid as option;

- put guards mesh behind front grill/bumper openings like on all modern Subarus;

- may be panoramic sunroof?;

- little bit more leg/shoulder room in front seats;

- entertainment system should be BlueRay and USB/CF media compatible;

- EyeSight system standard;

- exterior styling somewhere between original B9 Tribeca and current Tribeca.

I believe Subaru has a good base with Tribeca. I haven't heard people complain a lot about Tribeca, most owners like it a lot and chose it over other competition.

Had 2014MY Outback for a day yesterday as dealer's rental while my wagon was serviced. Outback already has sync option for temperature settings (DUAL button), so this is solved.

Have to say though that Subaru refined the Outback a lot. This 2014 was much better than new 2010 I tried when they came out. The bar is much higher for Tribeca replacement now.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I hope Subaru has learned a lot about what the market wants since the Tribeca was introduced. I'm not certain what I'll be in the market for in 2016, but if the new Tribeca is compelling, I'll definitely take a closer look.

I'm liking what I see with the new WRX, but I'm not in the market for that. The new 2015 Legacy, maybe...

That's nothing more than an Outback version of an Exiga. This wouldn't be the US Tribeca replacement.

Yep. Subaru said so themselves it'll be a while before we even see the replacement so the Concept 7 is NOT the new Tribeca thankfully.

Hopefully by that time the rear air vents will blow cold AND hot air.

Archived