LegacyGT.com

Aluminum Pedals in the snow???

BigT

Has anybody ever used the aluminum pedals and kept them on for the winter? It seems like your shoe or boot could slip off it if they had snow all over them. Not cool if you live in a densly populated area where the streets are to small to begin with.

-T

That's why they have rubber buttons on them. I've had the STi pedals and the WRX pedals in the snow and my feet never slipped off them. The pedals are too close together to slip much anyway unless you wear a size 6 shoe.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

BigT,

With some scuffing of the pedals, you won't have any problems. Most have traction-enhancing riges cast/molded-in.

If you still fear a mishap, though, then the "rubber-knobbed" ones are recommended. Both the STi set as well as many aftermarket sets make this concession for wet-weather safety.

I run my RAZO set (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/machv/razalracstyl.html - since MachV/FastWRX is a sponsor, I don't think hotlinking is in violation of Forum policy, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) year-round, and yes, I live in NE-Ohio. One note, though, is that it took a few months of remembering to first wiping the bottom of my shoes dry before starting on my drive - this was, of course, before the pedals were scuffed from normal use, and then afforded plenty of traction. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

traction won't be an issue, as when it snows you normally wear boots. They become the issue, not traction on the pedals. I have gone one many winters with the WRX pedals and they are not an issue. Size 13's in Sorel's are though :eek:

PhilT,

Where did you get the Pedals from and the cost if you don't mind me asking?

Also, were they difficult to install?

MalVic

I got the pedals from http://www.ppsonline.net

C$89.00 for all four.

They were very easy to install, only the gas pedal was anything but straightforward, as I took the pedal out of the car complete. Even then that was quite simple, overall it didn't take more than 30 minutes.

I'm trying to do a write up in the reviews section, but haven't figured out how to post the pics there yet.

Archived