LegacyGT.com

Rotella T6 diesel?

What's the matter with the wix? They are one of the only good filters with synthetic media as far as I have seen and heard. I used to just use the mobil1 filter with the t6

Nothing is wrong with the wix filter, it does have 23psi bypass but it's .8" shorter than the Tokyo Roki, bigger is better :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just did my first oil change on the LGT. I chose Rotella T6 5w40. I bought the gallon for about $22.00 but I found it wasn't enough. About a half quart low. If I'm correct our cars take 4.5 quarts? So what's everyone doing? Buying 1 gallon and 1 quart and using half of it or buying 2 gallons and only using 1 and 1/8 gallon?

Just dump 5 quarts in and call it a day. You'll burn that extra half quart (and possibly more) off in 3-4000 miles.

Just dump 5 quarts in and call it a day. You'll burn that extra half quart (and possibly more) off in 3-4000 miles.

Really? My car's dipstick has never moved off full in 3 years with T6 in it, on 3-3.5k OCI's (fingers crossed) Is it OK to overfill?

Researched my own question after asking it. Came up with this thread. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dip-stick-modification-55961p5.html?highlight=polished+dipstick

Serious thread gone crazy. :lol:

• Mega Users
I use a quick change valve to replace the drain bolt. Have it on all my cars avoids a lot of replacements of crush washers. :)

I reuse crush washers 2-3 times. My drain plug is the only part of the engine NOT leaking.

think i bought like 6 fozzy oil filters forget the number on them, but they work great as well .

im guessing there from a 2012 fozzy

seen a write up on the forums and they have the correct bypass valve in them for what we need

fozzy?

Forester... Same engine, different car. Should have the same part number for oil filter as the Legacy.

453747.png

think i bought like 6 fozzy oil filters forget the number on them, but they work great as well .

im guessing there from a 2012 fozzy

seen a write up on the forums and they have the correct bypass valve in them for what we need

Fozzy LOL! The Fozzy filter is the 15208AA160, no longer available, that's why I'm now using the Mazda filter:)

Install a Fumoto oil valve drain plug and simplify your life. After you flip the valve open, drain out the old oil from your oil pan, then remove the oil filter. Lubricate the washer on your new filter pre-fill the filter hand tighten and then give a nice 1/4 to 1/2 turn and you are done. Next get a funnel and pour 4.2 quarts into your oil pan via the the oil cap opening on top of the motor. Did you close your new and wonderful Fumoto oil valve drain plug first? KISS

• 2 months later...
I just wonder..i just got this oil at Wal-Mart yesterday , I just wonder will this oil is good for my 05 legacy gt????

because it said heavy duty Diesel engine oil on it..

Literally the first few posts in this thread:

So I went to Walmart to pick up some T6 and the only one that I could find was 05-40W diesel, feel like such a noob but is this the correct one? :redface:

T6 5w-40 is the one!! You have a LGT I assume?

Yes sir, just threw me off because it said diesel on it.

You need the non-diesel T6.

:hide:

OOPS missed that, what NWSPECB said!

Read more into the emoticon vs. the actual text of that post..

diesel is the version :)

Check all the codes required by your engine and then see if the oil conforms to them. If it doesn't conform to the API specs (and possibly also ACEA specs) as well as the viscosity required by the engine you are completely on your own and the risk of a blown engine increases.
453747.png

Archived