LegacyGT.com

getting zero boost, but turbo is spooling

Some of these came from the factory off center. HAMMERDOWN's was, he has photos somewhere on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of these came from the factory off center. HAMMERDOWN's was, he has photos somewhere on here.

yes that is what happened to me. it is missing a spacer. gotta love subaru................................ (not enough ellipses in the world for that one)

i am very happy with the 16g i bought from him and recommend checking him out @ BNR supercars

Not sure you saw my thread, I bolt the turbo to the up pipe. The studs make it hard to line up the "new oil return hose", inlet and turbo all at the same time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yes that is what happened to me. it is missing a spacer. gotta love subaru of America................................ (not enough ellipses in the world for that one)

i am very happy with the 16g i bought from him and recommend checking him out @ BNR supercars

Fixed ;)

As in not spinning whatsoever? Similar issue to that was someone who had an engine blow from a previous owner and the turbo had not been properly flushed. Lead to foreign matter jamming the impeller.

What information can you give us about your problem?

Running fine until Friday I was accelerating out of a corner and I felt a jolt then no power, feels like I'm driving a prius. Car drives fine, no check engine, no smoke, I don't hear intake or bpv

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you disconnected an intake line and have a big boost leak.

Do you have an AP or tactrix? Guessing you do since you're stage 2. If tactrix then post an LV screenshot, if AP then log AFR learning #1 A, B, C & D.

They'll tell us if it's a boost leak.

You don't hear any hissing like a boost leak when driving?

CRacer tuned my car, he's swamped with his new job. I'm rounding up all the possibilities for when I can get someone more experienced to check it out as I'm not as mechanically inclined

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah. Well boost leak is most common/likely. Try to follow any pressurized lines from the turbo and check if any have popped off, a few can be pretty difficult to see with the intercooler in the way.

A smoke/boost leak tester kit are handy to use. You could DIY one.

See if any users in your local area will let you borrow a tactrix. Only takes about 2 minutes to plug in and grab a screenshot.

Archived