LegacyGT.com

Car sits higher on one side vs the other

I've got an 07 LGT and noticed recently that the passenger side sits about 1/4" higher than the driver side (determined by measuring the wheel gab under both fenders). It was like this with both the stock suspension and the JDM Bilsteins I just installed. Is there something else I should be looking at that might cause this?

Did you replace the springs with the new shocks ?

It's your fat butt that has caused the drivers side springs to sag. Some thing happens with Civic's over the years.

The quick fix is put 150lbs of weight on the passenger side floor.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks, though I'm not sure driver weight has anything to do with the weight of the driver. The car only has 50k miles on it and both shocks/springs were replaced last weekend with the same result. The driver side does have the battery/washer container on it so there is a tad bit more weight on that side, maybe that is partially to blame. Does anyone else's car do this?

OK...since both of you have the same problem. Is it on both the front and rear wheels? Maybe you could find some used top hats and cut the inside and studs out of them and make a small spacer you could put in above the top hat. Or you could have a shop cut you a piece of 1/4" steel and cut it out to fit the bolt pattern and top hat center hole. There is plenty of stud sticking through that you could still fit the top nuts on.

Just an idea.

I definitely know of at least one other car that does this--not sure why though. He has done a complete spec.b swap as well and the issue persists.

That would be me. At first I thought is was just my fat ass causing the issue, but I have been since told no :lol: I have yet to measure each side to see the what the difference is, but it is noticeable by eye.

No suspension damage on my car either.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Thinking about this again I notice whenever I jack my car up EXACTLY under the front crossmember , that the right hand side is a couple of inches higher than the left at the front sills , relative to the ground . Garage floor is flat and level and both my Outbacks are the same in this respect . Seems that there is more weight on left hand side relative to the centreline of the vehicle .

Archived