LegacyGT.com

Non oem headlights?

Looks like when the car was rebuilt they didn't use oem headlights. On the lease they have depo molded into thw plastic and they are spider crack a lot and are not more thne 2 years old.

When I put the halos in I wanna replace the lens and my question is, are you guys fimilar with these non oem headlights and will an oem lens fit them? Also can you even buy just lenses?

Sent from my S3

Looks like when the car was rebuilt they didn't use oem headlights. On the lease they have depo molded into thw plastic and they are spider crack a lot and are not more thne 2 years old.

Isn't that a safety issue then? What do your local laws say?

453747.png

DEPO makes OEM quality headlights btw...they are actually a pretty well-built assembly

I can't say the same for other manufacturers because I don't have as much experience with their products. But I'd suggest staying away from aftermarket headlights with added "CCFL Angel Eyes" or LED assemblies....I have customers come in on a daily basis asking if we carry replacements for those LEDs because they fail quite often.

You may have better luck, but with headlights is it really worth the risk?

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

Those look like they've been modified. There are no reflectors in the corner. Depo builds like OEM: clear corners have clear reflectors, orange corners have orange reflectors.

Plus, the projector housing is black. Depo uses chromed housings.

Looks like yours may have had a home clear and blackout job.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That link bring me no where

Yes there where depo headlights after the wreck I assume and the po blacked modded them. They are modded fine its just the lens are junk and are cracking

Sent from my S3

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com worked for me. One of the pairs of headlights was just under $300.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Almost, it's usually 250 for 10-12 minutes. Some try to speed things up by going 300+ degrees for a shorter period. If they actually go 300+ degrees and same or longer duration take their keys away.

Good luck with your headlights and please let us know if you decide to try Depo again or TYC.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived