LegacyGT.com

Oh, the memories.

I was. So I bought a second GT while my first was off the road and why I now have three Gen 4 Legacy cars.

I saw that red wagon for sale for ages on Craigslist and Autotrader... It had 'STAY AWAY' all over it... those capital letters were spelt out in the ads as "BRAND NEW TURBO" - Whoever did buy it may well show up on this forum looking for advice when things start going wrong.

That does makes me feel better about losing it again.

I've searched unlimited miles on cars.com and found an 07 LGT in CA that I'd have to ship here :rolleyes: Mike07LGT, I'm not sure why I thought getting a 2.5i would be a good idea :lol:

EDIT:

I realized all LGT's have the filter in the banjo bolt for the turbo feed line. I'll have to make sure I remove the filter asap and replace the acvs ones.

That does makes me feel better about losing it again.

I've searched unlimited miles on cars.com and found an 07 LGT in CA that I'd have to ship here :rolleyes: Mike07LGT, I'm not sure why I thought getting a 2.5i would be a good idea :lol:

EDIT:

I realized all LGT's have the filter in the banjo bolt for the turbo feed line. I'll have to make sure I remove the filter asap and replace the acvs ones.

If you're looking all the way to CA for a clean LGT I have a 2005 OBXT I'm selling for $7k (cheap because of mileage) it's listed here ( http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/socal-unmodified-2005-outback-2-5xt-bsm-5eat-249169.html ). I already had all of the banjos pulled. It's been well maintained, never modified, and runs great.

• 2 weeks later...

I realized with the price to ship, I wouldn't be able to get a nice car :lol:

I found an 05 LGT with 138k miles, 3 owners no issues, rust etc. I called the Subaru dealer that was on the Carfax report and they said at 123k miles the timing belt, turbo and short block were replaced. Since the Subaru dealer did it, is this a safe buy or if that was replaced does that make it risky? It's only $5000

You're always going to be rolling the dice buying a used LGT. Having the short block and turbo replaced by the dealer is a good thing in my book. I'd have a compression and leak down test done and check the turbo. If you do end up purchasing it I'd get an oil analysis done as well.

You're always going to be rolling the dice buying a used LGT. Having the short block and turbo replaced by the dealer is a good thing in my book. I'd have a compression and leak down test done and check the turbo. If you do end up purchasing it I'd get an oil analysis done as well.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely get the tests done.

See if Motive Auto in Woburn, MA would take a look at it. Not a far drive from Arlington and they're probably the most reputable Subaru shop in the area.

I'll check there, thanks! Fingers crossed for clean/no banjo bolt and good compression.

The car looks clean. If it had a legit full rebuild 15k ago, it would be a good deal. I don't see any mention of the rebuild in the ad though?

I'm not sure he knows about it. I got it from calling the Subaru dealer on the Carfax report he sent me. I gave them the VIN and asked what they did to it and at 123k was timing belt, short block+turbo, a lot of suspension bushings. I asked if they replaced the banjo filter and the tech said he doesn't remember, but if he worked on it he would have. So I hope it was him but I'll pull the filter anyway.

That ended up being junk. Had AEM stickers all in the engine bay and was clearly a city car. Vibrated a lot at idle. Interior was clean but was ruined from a dog. Some kind of toggle switch on the dash too...

This is what I'll probably get.

Archived