LegacyGT.com

Reputable dealer in San Diego area??

Jsmith

I recently move to the San Diego area and I am hoping you guys could point out a good dealer. I plan on taking my car to a local dealer in El Cajon this afternoon, unless I hear otherwise of a better dealer in the area. As always, input is appreciated!

Welcome to San Diego, Kearny Mesa's service is very good (I do oil change there). As for exterior mods, I'd go to San Diego Tint (10801 Vista Sorrento Pkwy, Mira Mesa). They are very professional. Everything else, Forman's Performance in Costa Mesa.

Moved to the Regional Forum.

I take all mine to Rick Dell at Mira Mesa Subaru in Mira Mesa. He's the only Subaru Senior Master Tech in all of San Diego County, that I allowed to touch my Subarus. Tell him Dale in South Carolina sent you and sends his regards.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Moved to the Regional Forum.

I take all mine to Rick Dell at Mira Mesa Subaru in Mira Mesa. He's the only Subaru Senior Master Tech in all of San Diego County, that I allowed to touch my Subarus. Tell him Dale in South Carolina sent you and sends his regards.

Hey Dale, you mean Kearny Mesa. Not Mira Mesa lol. Otherwise I wouldnt be driving out for Subaru stuff.

Yea besides that master tech, nobody else but Todd and Mike at Infamous for my Subarus.

Yeah Long - meant KMS. Before I'd take it in, I'd always call Rich ahead of time and then meet with him there so we were both on the same page. More often than not, he'd point out something I wasn't aware of, that didn't need to be done that I thought did. Then we'd walk back to the service writer's stand and get it all written up.

I can't emphasize enough how much I value and appreciate Rick's knowledge, skill, ability, and attitude. The day we were moving from Cali, I dropped the car off at KMS for Rick to service one last time before we started the trip to SoCar. We were halfway across Kansas before my wife found a note from Rick in the center console thanking me for trusting my car with him, and for my Navy service.

I still call him today when I can't figure out a solution to something that's got me stymied on one of the Subes. He always stops to take the call, and walks me through whatever it is I need to know to get the job done.

Since you mentioned Subaru dealership, I presumed you were going there for warranty work. Do not forget to put Mike Sprank and IPT on your list for everything Subaru as well. He's just a short drive up I-15 to Escondido, and if Rick isn't available, that's where I'd take the car. Can't say enough good about Mike's shop.

Agreed. Though Rick always thought the way I had mine setup was perfect. "This one is done right." is what he always told me.

Archived