LegacyGT.com

Intake question.

I sent this question to Cobb support but they said it could take a few days for a reply just wondering if anybody could confirm weather or not the map is the right one

I'm thinking about buying the cobb sf intake system (http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-SF-Intake-Kit-p/724100.htm#Description) but at the bottom it says there is no off the shelf tune for it, however when i go to maps for my 2006 subaru legacy gt it shows an option for cobb sf intake tunes? does this mean that there is an off the shelf tune for it that i can just put on my accesport and update when i install it?

here is the link to the intake system: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-SF-Intake-Kit-p/724100.htm#Description

and here is the link to the maps i found: http://www.cobbtuning.com/Accessport-Off-The-Shelf-Maps-s/40100.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/lgt/LGT-Maps-06-SF-Intake

No point in changing your intake, the stock intake works perfectly, probably better. I'd say save your money for other mods, unless you like the sound of air rushing into your engine.

As for the map, it'd probably work fine if that's what it's listed as. All of the off the shelf maps are a bit too generic though, wont be as good as an e-tune or dyno.

Thanks for the info guys new to Subaru and technically cars lol (first one) so still learning

I hope you learned to ask here before you buy anything for the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a quick questions about intakes too. I just bought the SPT intake and I was planning on putting it on my car. Even though it doesnt make any power i'm still putting it on. But it seems like there was a two sided argument on here weather you need to run the cobb stage one tune or not with the aftermarket intake. Is this true? I thought that as looking as the housing for the MAF was the same on the stock and aftermarket it shouldn't matter. reason I'm asking is im going to boston tonight and I want to install the intake before I leave but my ap isnt going to get to me until saturday. Do you think it is safe to run with an aftermarket intake for 400 miles or so without the tune? I just dont want my engine to turn into a grenade all of the way out there

I have a quick questions about intakes too. I just bought the SPT intake and I was planning on putting it on my car. Even though it doesnt make any power i'm still putting it on. But it seems like there was a two sided argument on here weather you need to run the cobb stage one tune or not with the aftermarket intake. Is this true? I thought that as looking as the housing for the MAF was the same on the stock and aftermarket it shouldn't matter. reason I'm asking is im going to boston tonight and I want to install the intake before I leave but my ap isnt going to get to me until saturday. Do you think it is safe to run with an aftermarket intake for 400 miles or so without the tune? I just dont want my engine to turn into a grenade all of the way out there

You should NOT change any part of the system without a re-tune. If you put through more air then the ECU is expecting you run lean, run lean enough and you melt things. Then things go boom. Then stupid intake makes your life very expensive. Then your bank account go boom.

So wait unless you get back.

In my opinion you should return the silly intake. It's a waste of money, time and has ZERO improvements for you. Why you'd rush to install it is beyond me.

Archived