LegacyGT.com

Stage 3 build checklist

Just my .02

I'm vf52'd on stock injectors with a walboro pump.

Do I wish I did injectors? Yes.

Not too late. I'm running a stock pump & stock injectors. I can always do it later.

Why? I'm not looking to max out for most power possible. This is my daily/winter car.

My daily too.

Tits mcgee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might want to have a new turbo inlet at least on standby. The rubber where the inlet meets the turbo is known to crack/rip when removing the stock turbo out. Despite what manufacturers may want you to believe, you really won't get much of any power out of upgrading, but its nice to know that it's still in good shape after the swap. A ripped inlet will cause a lean condition b/c un-metered air can get into the turbo after the maf.

It's not necessarily a matter of amount of miles, its a matter of a very soft piece of rubber that gets very hot over and over again. It will get brittle and can tear from the action of extracting the turbo from it, or even from loosening/moving the clamp which can get a bit melted into it over time.

Been following this thread here and I think the pump/injectors is considered a 'safe' component of a PROPER stage 3 setup. Just like an uppipe is not required in stage 2 - but unless you're silly cheap you do it too.

No one has mentioned getting max power out of your car but suggested this is your best option.

I'd highly suggest you take their advice and do this once and right. I feel like this is your EVO X debate all over again.

:)

I guess I'll speak with tuner and see what they recommend.

Nothing to do with cheaping out. I have the money that's not a problem. Just don't want to if I don't need the extra fuel. In general I trust oem pump and injectors over after market for reliability but maybe that's not the case with Subaru parts idk. If bren tuning recommends them ill pick some up.

And evo X is out the door lol.

Now I'm in hunt of an LS3 corvette coupe!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Ok cool. I was asking about the injectors mileage when went bad. I'll look into the inlets or inspect mine to see condition.

Life is not something so pinned down and its usually directly related to load. Over 80% and you may as well buy some spares to keep around. Most OEM cars that I have seen run their injectors in the 40% range. This is why there is usually 'room' in the stock system even though you start to tax the injectors more.

Its also why we are telling you to up the injectors to keep them in a much safer lower load range instead of running them in a higher duty cycle range where they are more prone to break or start running a lean condition that will take out the motor with it.

If I get injectors I want to get quality ones. The ID injectors are much better than your average injector.

Not familiar with those but for that price I'd imagine they don't compare.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Oh nice! Thanks! I'll double check with him. Think he's been on vacation so haven't heard back in a while now.

If so I won't have to worry about gaskets then!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

fyi as far as fueling goes, I was at 95% idc on my stock turbo before I threw in a walbro. I just put in ID1000s b/c I'm running a vf39 that had maxed out the fuel system and I'm putting in a 20g soon. As long as your car is tuned properly for the fuel upgrades and you know exactly what you should install then your car can run very smoothly and reliably

Spoke with tuner and they recommended to use the stock injectors for the bnr16g turbo. Just an upgraded fuel pump. So ill be doing that.

Think I'm going to get the avo throttle body hose to out on when putting the avo tmic on.

And I'm getting the turbosmart kompact bypass valve.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Spoke with tuner and they recommended to use the stock injectors for the bnr16g turbo. Just an upgraded fuel pump. So ill be doing that.

Think I'm going to get the avo throttle body hose to out on when putting the avo tmic on.

And I'm getting the turbosmart kompact bypass valve.

I have a venair throttle body hose I would sell you if you would like.

The OEM TB hose is fine, just remove the rubber boots on both ends, get the T bolt clamps and you should be fine.

I got my T bolt clamps from the local speed shop, like $14 for the two.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived